United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 24-12-2017, 01:33 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Neville is good at arguments. He likes them. He usually wins them. 'I get United fans having a go at me on Twitter sometimes,' he says, referring to the conversation he's just had. 'Every so often I'll get their number and ring them up.'”

Strange lie

Lad needs a regular job.

Old 24-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Buck

"Forecourt at 9"

Old 24-12-2017, 02:00 PM
utd99

I’d be more inclined to put Scholes back in the f***ing team than have him coach tbh.

Old 24-12-2017, 02:01 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’d be more inclined to put Scholes back in the f***ing team than have him coach tbh.

Sad but true

Old 24-12-2017, 02:09 PM
andyroo

We already did it once, all it did was make Pogba f*** off

Old 24-12-2017, 02:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Love Scholesy, but he’s naive. According to a piece in The Times, Mourinho doesn’t want the Co92 around as he doesn’t fully trust them. Scholes may be oblivious to how his constant slagging of the previous manager while his mate was assistant and had his eye on the job came across, but apparently Mourinho found it uncomfortable.

Shocking to me that neither he nor Giggs realised it at the time tbh.

Last edited by S/Side.Red; 24-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Old 24-12-2017, 02:24 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Love Scholesy, but he’s naive. According to a piece in The Times, Mourinho doesn’t want the Co92 around as he doesn’t fully trust them. Scholes may be oblivious to how his constant slagging of the previous manager while his mate was assistant and had his eye on the job came across, but apparently Mourinho found it uncomfortable.

I think your analysis is spot on there S/Side.Red, you've expressed my feelings much more neatly than I could have done myself to be honest.

Old 24-12-2017, 02:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

So he should have been bad at his job then? He was paid to give an honest opinion, and it was an opinion shared by most on here. Beige pundits who are scared to express their views don’t last long.

Old 24-12-2017, 02:50 PM
andyroo

The Class of 92 stuff, It's romantic but it's a bit rubbish. They were wonderful players, we were so proud of them but any idea they're destined for great things in management is no more than wishful thinking.

More players like that, we'll that's another thing. Hurry up United

Old 24-12-2017, 02:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The Class of 92 stuff, It's romantic but it's a bit rubbish. They were wonderful players, we were so proud of them but any idea they're destined for great things in management is no more than wishful thinking.

More players like that, we'll that's another thing. Hurry up United
Because people can’t seem to grasp the concept that there is very little correlation between what you did as a player and what you’re likely to do as a manager/coach. Why would there be? They’re two completely different skill sets.

Despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this old chestnut just won’t go away. ‘Getting’ a club is irrelevant to anything.