United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 20-12-2017, 06:32 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Had the same as a kid. Did you ma make bread pudding as well ? Bread pudding , not bread and butter pudding, we never had the butter. Stale bread, some sterilized milk, a bit of lard and some currants left over from christmas.
Luxury

Old 20-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Luxury
Exactly what I was thinking

Old 20-12-2017, 07:19 PM
saffers

WUM foods thread is that way.

Old 20-12-2017, 10:10 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Donít know if this is a bit of a local Salford dish because the only people I know who are familiar with it are relatives but mother used to do it to perfection - not that itís particularly demanding. Mates have commented that it sounds dodgy but loved it when I did it for them:

Sliced onions (break them up/not full rings)
Sliced cheese
half a mug of hot water

Chuck it in the pan together and simmer until cheese melted

pour onto toast + plenty white pepper. Tomato ketchup optional.

Best hangover food ever. You donít even need a huge amount of cheese as the onion is the dominant flavour. Missus does it nice too. Eldest lad addicted. Make v. Runny or not. I like to leave a few bits of cheese not melted. Preference.
My missusí gran used to make it. A vile concoction.

Sheís dead now, makes you think...

Old 21-12-2017, 12:20 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Are there any pictures available of this runny cheese concoction? I still haven't quite managed to get my head round it.
Don't. I've only just recovered from ashtonred's culinary "delights".

Old 21-12-2017, 05:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Eh up, the prawn sandwich brigade are in. No Hellmans, please - freshly made by the chef only, thank you very much

United built on Salford support - Salford support built on runny cheese n onion. Get onto it you f***ing fairies.

Girds the loins this stuff.

Last edited by Denis Irwell; 21-12-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Old 21-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Itís far too early for this shit....

Old 21-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Itís far too early for this shit....

Go back to bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
My missusí gran used to make it. A vile concoction.

Sheís dead now, makes you think...

Never trust the in laws

Old 21-12-2017, 12:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Donít know if this is a bit of a local Salford dish because the only people I know who are familiar with it are relatives but mother used to do it to perfection - not that itís particularly demanding. Mates have commented that it sounds dodgy but loved it when I did it for them:

Sliced onions (break them up/not full rings)
Sliced cheese
half a mug of hot water

Chuck it in the pan together and simmer until cheese melted

pour onto toast + plenty white pepper. Tomato ketchup optional.

Best hangover food ever. You donít even need a huge amount of cheese as the onion is the dominant flavour. Missus does it nice too. Eldest lad addicted. Make v. Runny or not. I like to leave a few bits of cheese not melted. Preference.
We used to have something similar; sliced Cheese and onion with a good splash of milk. Put it on a tin plate and grill it, eat with bread or on its own.

Old 23-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Amazed how being brought up on a posh council estate makes you turn your nose up at real cuisine and head for the nearest kfc