United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 20-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Try kfc if you wanna be sick, pal - get some culture
I am a committed vegan, sir.

Sourdough bread, vegan cheddar, onion, water. I may yet be converted to your curious fondon't.

Might even make my upcoming vegan cookbook.

Old 20-12-2017, 11:19 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Welsh Rarebit:
225g grated, strong cheese such as Cheddar or Cheshire.
1 tablespoon butter.
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
1 level teaspoon dry mustard.
2 teaspoons flour.
Shake of pepper.
4 tablespoons beer, Guiness or milk (Guiness gives a stronger flavour)
4 slices bread toasted on 1 side only.

Salford Rarebit.
250g of foot scrapings
Replace all the ingredients with water and onion.

Let it 'dribble down your chin'.

Old 20-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmfh
Bloody hell never met anyone outside of my mums family (top Mcr reds) who make "cheese and onion dip".

Fry/soften the onion in butter, once onion is coloured add good splash of boiled water, simmer for a bit, add some lumps of cheddar and bob's yer uncle, enjoy with some fresh bread.

As I understand it was a cheap meal and a good way to eat dry/stale bread, soften it with the cheesy onion juice.

Just lovely 🙂
Reckon that’d be good. Softly fry onions in butter 👍 until some colour (used oil when I tried it) then proceed as previous.

Btw, My missus comes from a poncey southern family and those who I have indulged give it 👍

Quote:

Sourdough bread, vegan cheddar, onion, water. I may yet be converted to your curious fondon't.

Just give it a go Creamers - might not be as good as mine, first go or probably ever but even I’ve picked up a tip from stmfh on fry/butter first

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh
soft c***s,try it. the worsley branch use milk instead of water. but they get out of the bath for a piss. try a bit of bacon with it, you"ve gotta be a red to understand

Thought that was the Prestwich version

Old 20-12-2017, 11:38 AM
stmfh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh
soft c***s,try it. the worsley branch use milk instead of water. but they get out of the bath for a piss. try a bit of bacon with it, you"ve gotta be a red to understand
😀

Bacon sounds good, will try..

Old 20-12-2017, 11:41 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

not with Worcestershire sauce you're not - you fishy fellow

Old 20-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Cream

Quote:

Just give it a go Creamers - might not be as good as mine, first go or probably ever but even I’ve picked up a tip from stmfh on fry/butter first
f*** off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
not with Worcestershire sauce you're not - you fishy fellow
Oh really?

Let me just scratch that off my flavour list.

Old 20-12-2017, 11:44 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
f*** off.

Oh really?

Let me just scratch that off my flavour list.
no need go organic vegan

Old 20-12-2017, 02:12 PM
irk

Quote:
We routinely dine on the finest steak and seafood in oz, pal. Some of the best dishes came from peasantry. Put your snobbery away and try cooking.

Because water makes it runny. A bit like gravy does with meat juices etc. agree, it sounds grim as per OP but try it. Did actually go through a phase of softly frying onions first but involved lubricating the bottom of the pan which went a bit excited when the water went in. No big deal but cba.
Tramp food for tramps. “Dont take the curtains down yet, mam, ive not read them”

Have something classy like weetabix with butter.

Old 20-12-2017, 02:19 PM
believe

My nan has made something similar for my grandad but it involved melting the cheese on a plate in the oven and an egg on top. At no point does she dilute the cheese.

Old 20-12-2017, 02:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Yep, goes stringy down me chin
Anyway, back to the cheese n onion....