United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Reply
 
Old 20-12-2017, 09:55 AM
redhegemony
 
Default

thanks Denis surprised Ashton red didn't have this in his repertoire - am going to give it a go.

Like Albert's European twist on it - thought they'd be some garlic though.
 
Old 20-12-2017, 10:16 AM
irk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is there any cheese in Kraft cheese slices ?
Sorry, Kraft cheese analogue slices.
 
Old 20-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Spock
 
Default

why do you need water, boiled onions and cheese sounds a bit grim, why not fry onions first to get some colour/flavour?

Edit

Albert going down the faux fondue route i see (though sounds a better oprion than water)
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Cream
 
Default

Welsh Rarebit:
225g grated, strong cheese such as Cheddar or Cheshire.
1 tablespoon butter.
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
1 level teaspoon dry mustard.
2 teaspoons flour.
Shake of pepper.
4 tablespoons beer, Guiness or milk (Guiness gives a stronger flavour)
4 slices bread toasted on 1 side only.


Salford Rarebit.
250g of foot scrapings
Replace all the ingredients with water and onion.

Let it 'dribble down your chin'.

 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Kraft cheese slices probably. Utterly desolate cuisine.
We routinely dine on the finest steak and seafood in oz, pal. Some of the best dishes came from peasantry. Put your snobbery away and try cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
why do you need water, boiled onions and cheese sounds a bit grim, why not fry onions first to get some colour/flavour?

Edit

Albert going down the faux fondue route i see (though sounds a better oprion than water)
Because water makes it runny. A bit like gravy does with meat juices etc. agree, it sounds grim as per OP but try it. Did actually go through a phase of softly frying onions first but involved lubricating the bottom of the pan which went a bit excited when the water went in. No big deal but cba.

Last edited by Denis Irwell; 20-12-2017 at 11:13 AM.
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:05 AM
stmfh
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
why do you need water, boiled onions and cheese sounds a bit grim, why not fry onions first to get some colour/flavour?

Edit

Albert going down the faux fondue route i see (though sounds a better oprion than water)
Bloody hell never met anyone outside of my mums family (top Mcr reds) who make "cheese and onion dip".

Fry/soften the onion in butter, once onion is coloured add good splash of boiled water, simmer for a bit, add some lumps of cheddar and bob's yer uncle, enjoy with some fresh bread.

As I understand it was a cheap meal and a good way to eat dry/stale bread, soften it with the cheesy onion juice.

Just lovely 🙂
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

Would switch white for black pepper and water for some cheap white plonk

What cheese are you using ? Cheshire, Cheddar... ?
Tried white cheeses (Lancs or Cheshire) but prefer cheddar types. As said, cheese, oddly enough isnít as important as you might think because generous onion makes it delish. Save your black pepper for where appropriate. White is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmfh
Bloody hell never met anyone outside of my mums family (top Mcr reds) who make "cheese and onion dip".

Fry/soften the onion in butter, once onion is coloured add good splash of boiled water, simmer for a bit, add some lumps of cheddar and bob's yer uncle, enjoy with some fresh bread.

As I understand it was a cheap meal and a good way to eat dry/stale bread, soften it with the cheesy onion juice.

Just lovely 🙂
Proper Manc/Salford runny cheese Reds
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Tried white cheeses (Lancs or Cheshire) but prefer cheddar types. As said, cheese, oddly enough isnít as important as you might think because generous onion makes it delish. Save your black pepper for where appropriate. White is best.
Albert's trying to take all the fondue out of it.

The recipe, such as it is, must remain unsullied by EU directives.

White pepper would be my choice too btw.
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Welsh Rarebit:
225g grated, strong cheese such as Cheddar or Cheshire.
1 tablespoon butter.
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
1 level teaspoon dry mustard.
2 teaspoons flour.
Shake of pepper.
4 tablespoons beer, Guiness or milk (Guiness gives a stronger flavour)
4 slices bread toasted on 1 side only.


Salford Rarebit.
250g of foot scrapings
Replace all the ingredients with water and onion.

Let it 'dribble down your chin'.

Try kfc if you wanna be sick, pal - get some culture
 
Old 20-12-2017, 11:14 AM
adh
 
Default

soft cunts,try it. the worsley branch use milk instead of water. but they get out of the bath for a piss. try a bit of bacon with it, you"ve gotta be a red to understand
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Runny cheese n onion
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheese and onion wonky no Food and Drink 23 23-12-2011 09:42 PM
Round 1 - Haddock, Leek, Mushroom, Green Pepper, Cauliflower & Onion Pie with a Cheese Sauce silv Food and Drink 5 23-06-2010 12:33 PM
Steak, Cheese, Onion & Mushroom Ciabatta... Street Magician Food and Drink 13 22-03-2010 01:10 PM
Tayto Cheese and Onion wee man Food and Drink 49 11-06-2008 11:44 AM
Homemade Cheese & Onion Pie tonight.. Fountz Food and Drink 5 23-11-2007 05:42 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.