United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 22-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hopefully it'll be like what happened with Lance Armstrong and , some day, one person will come forward and then the floodgates will open.
Going back to this...

obviously the main difference with the lance armstrong thing is that it's easy to cast out one bloke and label him the bad guy...but if the wheels were to come off the Guardiola bandwagon, and it came to light he was systematically doping his squads, then lots of heads in Spanish football would be on the chopping block too and the reputation and integrity of European football's two most popular and profitable domestic leagues would be tarnished.

For that reason i doubt it'll ever truly come to light. The institutions that would be forever tarnished are just too big.

Old 22-12-2017, 05:36 PM
saffers

Quote:
me and saffers were banging on about this long before he even turned up at City.

The whole operacion puerto stuff in spain is shocking and the subsequent cover up and use of cyclists as sacrificial lambs has been totally predictable.

If it were to emerge that Barcelona and the spanish national team were doped off their tits during spanish sport's most glorious era - they would never recover, it would destroy spain's reputation as a sporting nation.

That Fuentes guy basically went on record saying that if he were to tell everyone which players were on PED's then Spain would be stripped of the world cup.

The way players under his management seem to break these anti doping laws regarding information on their whereabouts is extremely suspicious as is his insistence on using his little clique of doctors back in Spain for everything.

Still, i'm sure there's nothing going on. I'm sure it's just that he's SUCH a good manager and nothing more than a coincidence that none of his players have any muscular injuries or show any signs of fatigue at all, despite running their balls off every single game.
What sparkers said.

City have always been favourites to win the league, especially since Pellegrini came their football became more possession focused. The guardiola difference is physical, not footballistic.

Look at Giggs in the times today, pointedly marvelling at "how hard they work".

Old 22-12-2017, 05:39 PM
AnthonyMartial

If we had had the doping testing anomalies that City have had 3 times it would be bigger news than the Brexit negotiations.

As it is with them it has had barely had a mention even though it has happened 3 times in a short space of time which is very suspicious and surely not down to chance.

Wasn't there a city player in the 90s that I think was Jon Mackenzie who missed a scheduled drug test at their training base and did the test a few days later and got a small fine.

Rio missed a test and offered to do it the next day and got an eight months ban ultimately.

Meant Jon Macken

Old 22-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AK14

Does all seem very suspicious nqat

But is it even possible that the three clubs he's managed, over 70 players, coaching staff, medical staff etc have all kept their mouths shut. Would only take someone to gossip to the wrong person for this to come out surely?

Or is it the case the players are told to ask no questions etc?

Old 22-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Does all seem very suspicious nqat

But is it even possible that the three clubs he's managed, over 70 players, coaching staff, medical staff etc have all kept their mouths shut. Would only take someone to gossip to the wrong person for this to come out surely?

Or is it the case the players are told to ask no questions etc?
How do you think Lance Armstrong went on so long?

Old 22-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Vedder

De Bruyne was all over the pitch last weekend even after that shocking tackle. I was a fan of his when he was at Wolfsburg and I can never remember the c*** running around the pitch like that. He looked like a machine ffs.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:30 PM
sa7

Everyone knows but nowt gets done about it.

f*** it, why even bother worrying about it anymore.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
De Bruyne was all over the pitch last weekend even after that shocking tackle. I was a fan of his when he was at Wolfsburg and I can never remember the c*** running around the pitch like that. He looked like a machine ffs.

Old 22-12-2017, 07:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
How do you think Lance Armstrong went on so long?
That's just one bloke, this is three football sides we're talking about with 70+ players, coaching staff, medical staff etc?

Would be f***ing glorious if it came out as true etc, but could something that big with so many people knowing about it be kept secret?

Old 22-12-2017, 07:48 PM
lenin

Iíve long suspected the c*** is bang at it. The problem is at Barcelona he was the establishment - they and Madrid have UEFA et al wrapped up. If (and I donít think itís a big if) the Spanish team/Operacion Puerto thing is true, then you can understand why most would opt to keep schtum. City gave blatantly bought off any journo who would offer any serious threat - Conn, Syed etc who might well have probed this shit at any other club have done nothing but wax lyrical about them and their paymasters.

Bayern are the interesting one. There was obviously no love lost there. Their long-established and highly reputable medical team walked. So why havenít they spoken up? I remember watching a shitty C4 dispatches documentary a few years ago that basically placed Bayern at the heart of the European blood spinning scene with United, Chelsea etc sending medical staff to learn from them. Could it be that Bayern havenít dobbed the c*** in because they were up to dodgy shit anyway?