United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 30-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Sparky***

Default The Premier League this season

Not looking too good is it.

City running away with it because they're richer than everyone else and when teams like Burnley are sitting comfortably 5th you have to wonder at the general state of it.

Newcastle have lost 5 games on the trot yet somehow are 12th, they are utterly abysmal.

Huddersfield have managed 9 goals in 14 games yet they're a mid table team.

Most fixtures every weekend are utterly forgettable borefests as two poor teams try desperately not to lose to each other as everyone is utterly petrified of being relegated and losing out on their share of the mountain of cash.

The Prem in the 90s may not have been the sophisticated, polished product it is now but it was far more entertaining to watch and not just a collection of small provincial clubs trying not to get relegated.

Old 30-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Sapien

Would you say you were a cup half empty or cup half full kind of a guy?

Old 30-11-2017, 07:40 PM
5 Cantona's

Something on F365 saying the last 20 results from top 6 v the rest reads as,

P20
W20
Scored 49
Conceded 9

Old 30-11-2017, 07:48 PM
TheFatGoth

Football is shit

Old 30-11-2017, 07:55 PM
woody78

I think it's just an age thing.

The older i get, the more i dislike football.

Still watch every game though

Old 30-11-2017, 07:56 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not looking too good is it.

City running away with it because they're richer than everyone else and when teams like Burnley are sitting comfortably 5th you have to wonder at the general state of it.

Newcastle have lost 5 games on the trot yet somehow are 12th, they are utterly abysmal.

Huddersfield have managed 9 goals in 14 games yet they're a mid table team.

Most fixtures every weekend are utterly forgettable borefests as two poor teams try desperately not to lose to each other as everyone is utterly petrified of being relegated and losing out on their share of the mountain of cash.

The Prem in the 90s may not have been the sophisticated, polished product it is now but it was far more entertaining to watch and not just a collection of small provincial clubs trying not to get relegated.
When you always look back to earlier periods of your life most people propose that things were better just because they were young and it felt better, new, more enjoyable due to social circumstances.

I would say I enjoyed the 00's more but I could hardly pick a season I loved( Moscow maybe) I dont remember half the games either

Old 30-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Had it been us who had played 14, win 13 would you be complaining?

18 years ago we won the league by 18 points and I loved it when we turned up and smashed teams all over the shop- only difference being we had Fergie and not petro dollars

Old 30-11-2017, 08:07 PM
f*** KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

18 years ago we won the league by 18 points and I loved it when we turned up and smashed teams all over the shop- only difference being we had Fergie and not petro dollars
we should be sitting on 12 wins tbh...drawing with Stoke and losing to Huddersfield didn't help

Old 30-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Cream

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Something on F365 saying the last 20 results from top 6 v the rest reads as,

P20
W20
Scored 49
Conceded 9
Like a slightly more competitive scotch premiership.

GARBAGE.

Old 30-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Would i be pointing out the general level of the premier league is pretty poor?

Yes i probably would be.

It's not really debatable.