United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music

Old 20-11-2017, 12:19 PM
guerreiro

Heard of one of them singers and still would walk past them in the street.

Used to be into music, have zero interest anymore. Anyone else?

Old 20-11-2017, 12:40 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Used to be into music, have zero interest anymore. Anyone else?
Jethro.

Old 20-11-2017, 12:47 PM
jaffo

Not including reissues, there were too many brilliant ones this year

Dominowe – Siya Thakatha (19 year old from Durban playing Gqom)
Emo Kid – Gqom Tera EP (the title means futuristic Gqom which means its more like Sgubhu than Gqom, whatever it’s brilliant)
Kendrick Lamar – Damn
Childhood – Universal High (as recommended by Sueders a while back)
Lali Puna – Two Windows (German moody electronic trio)
TLC Fam – Isbethelo seGqom (more Gqom, really into Gqom at the moment)
Thundercat – Drunk (weirdo bass dude)
Mavis Staples – If All I Was Was Black (living legend makes album with Wilco bloke)
Rapsody – Laila’s Wisdom (as recommended by Dunk on here, excellent hip-hop)
St Vincent – Masseduction (not as good as her previous stuff but the cover was inspired by Poison Ivy from the Cramps so that gives it plus points)

Old 20-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
[b]

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic (Sounds like; Top 80s thrash with beards)
Official theme song for Takeover on Saturday.

Old 20-11-2017, 02:29 PM
sweetleftfoot

Mr Jukes - God First Top draw soulful dance music, especially fond of Charles Bradley (RIP ) tune Grant Green
Peaness ‎– Are You Sure? Great girl group punky pop, Seafoam Islands is superb
The Clientele - Music For The Age Of Miracles Just really good

Old 20-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Sparky***

Simon Gay - Bummed n Dumped (A very sensitive man warbles for 12 songs about having his heart broken by an utter cad. A strong follow up to his previous album Dumped n Bummed)

49 N€ck Tatooz - Mumble mumble pillz rockstar (Another stunning album of barely audible auto tuned words. Guest vocalists on this seminal album include 35 Stanks, %RT and D BUN)

Pink - BUT THE PATRIARCHY part 45 (Pink takes us all on an angry journey of anger directed at Penises. Standout tracks include 'triggered', 'did you just assume my hair colour?' and 'I'm a woman out drinking')

JAYDN - Squinting into middle distance (former boyband star Mohammad Bin Akra bikjaydha or JAYDN, releases an album about things to do in bedrooms with girls, usually in black and white with your shirt undone)

Klive and Klyde - Mans don't Mans when they Mans about Mans
(south London's finest mumble auto tuned rappers make pop culture references and say brand names like 'Instagram', 'Twitter' and 'Addison Lee' for 14 tracks)

Santiago Paella - The chorus is in Spanish (Hot off the heels of people singing in total Spanish is this classic album where people sing in both English and then also in Spanish, enabling millions of moronic teenage girls to try and sing along incoherently)

Barry (is) White - I'm not Black. Crazy isn't it. (Famous for sounding like a black soul singer, this album from world renowned fat white bloke Barry (is) White contains all the usual songs that a black bloke might do if he wasn't a white bloke singing like he was black.

Henry Stokes - Serious musician now (After leaving the boyband which also contained JAYDN, Henry Stokes shows us all he's now a serious musician by doing things like having an acoustic guitar and making music videos in slow motion. Stand out tracks include 'Yeah, i've done drugs' and 'Smoking in my fedora')

Hank Saturn - Am I Michael Jackson Yet? (Famous for looking and sounding a bit like Michael Jackson before he went mental, Hank Saturn returns with his new album of catchy beats, dressing like he's from the 80s and songs that people dance to at wedding receptions)

Kneecap - If you like Quinoa, you'll like this (more high pitched warbling over bland music by the band that make Coldplay sound like Metallica. Includes the number 16 hits 'Time for my beard' and 'Eh up, there's violins in this one'.)

Old 20-11-2017, 03:20 PM
no fun

Very good list sparky, but can’t believe you omitted;

Thesis on class barriers by Daddy knows Bono’s tax consultant

Old 20-11-2017, 03:35 PM
red red robbo

We're All In This Together - Walter Trout

No, not a piss take on the oft trumpeted and clearly bollocks Tory slogan, but a real album of Walter Trout and friends, which include some of the best blues rock musicians of the last 40 years, doing what they do best.

Pawn Shop - Brothers Osbourne

Southern/country rock stuff with some great lyrics that give you an insight into what it means to be a red neck

I think they may be the only two albums produced this year that I've listened to in full

Old 20-11-2017, 03:45 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Simon Gay - Bummed n Dumped (A very sensitive man warbles for 12 songs about having his heart broken by an utter cad. A strong follow up to his previous album Dumped n Bummed)

49 N€ck Tatooz - Mumble mumble pillz rockstar (Another stunning album of barely audible auto tuned words. Guest vocalists on this seminal album include 35 Stanks, %RT and D BUN)

Pink - BUT THE PATRIARCHY part 45 (Pink takes us all on an angry journey of anger directed at p****es. Standout tracks include 'triggered', 'did you just assume my hair colour?' and 'I'm a woman out drinking')

JAYDN - Squinting into middle distance (former boyband star Mohammad Bin Akra bikjaydha or JAYDN, releases an album about things to do in bedrooms with girls, usually in black and white with your shirt undone)

(south London's finest mumble auto tuned rappers make pop culture references and say brand names like 'Instagram', 'Twitter' and 'Addison Lee' for 14 tracks)

Santiago Paella - The chorus is in Spanish (Hot off the heels of people singing in total Spanish is this classic album where people sing in both English and then also in Spanish, enabling millions of moronic teenage girls to try and sing along incoherently)

Barry (is) White - I'm not Black. Crazy isn't it. (Famous for sounding like a black soul singer, this album from world renowned fat white bloke Barry (is) White contains all the usual songs that a black bloke might do if he wasn't a white bloke singing like he was black.

Henry Stokes - Serious musician now (After leaving the boyband which also contained JAYDN, Henry Stokes shows us all he's now a serious musician by doing things like having an acoustic guitar and making music videos in slow motion. Stand out tracks include 'Yeah, i've done drugs' and 'Smoking in my fedora')

Hank Saturn - Am I Michael Jackson Yet? (Famous for looking and sounding a bit like Michael Jackson before he went mental, Hank Saturn returns with his new album of catchy beats, dressing like he's from the 80s and songs that people dance to at wedding receptions)

Kneecap - If you like Quinoa, you'll like this (more high pitched warbling over bland music by the band that make Coldplay sound like Metallica. Includes the number 16 hits 'Time for my beard' and 'Eh up, there's violins in this one'.)

If you mix this list with the OPs list then I would struggle to tell which are real and which aren't tbf.

Old 20-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Pink - BUT THE PATRIARCHY part 45 (Pink takes us all on an angry journey of anger directed at Penises. Standout tracks include 'triggered', 'did you just assume my hair colour?' and 'I'm a woman out drinking')