United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Old 07-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Gettiing tasty now.

***spoiler***
f***ing love Tom Hardy in this, he's great value.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 12:54 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Gettiing tasty now.

***spoiler***
f***ing love Tom Hardy in this, he's great value.
TH has been a truly excellent character through out, absolute giant of screen and stage.

I'll tell Aiden Gillen that Fat Al from fred thinks your shit the next time I see him
 
Old 07-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
TH has been a truly excellent character through out, absolute giant of screen and stage.

I'll tell Aiden Gillen that Fat Al from fred thinks your shit the next time I see him
***spoiler***
I was hoping he was going to be back in it. Like you said, top actor.


Please do. We cheered when he got offed in GoT.
And the bugger was the ONLY negative in Calvary - a fantastic film (forgot to mention that when slagging him off earlier).
 
Old 07-12-2017, 01:20 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
***spoiler***
I was hoping he was going to be back in it. Like you said, top actor.


Please do. We cheered when he got offed in GoT.
And the bugger was the ONLY negative in Calvary - a fantastic film (forgot to mention that when slagging him off earlier).
He'll always be Mayor Thomas J Carcetti to me. I hadn't known him long, met up with him with my son who was about 12 at the time, who asked him straight out why he dressed like Bubs in real life, very nearly spat my pint

He's actually a very decent fella and totally unassuming, never talks luvvie.
 
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 AM
RedMenace
 
Default

Adrien Corleone is doing my head in, as is Avarama Littlefinger. I liked Gillen well enough in The Wire but it's been downhill from there. Hope Polly gets killed, never liked her.
 
Old 21-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

f***ing brilliant finale to the series.

***spoiler***
Luca Changretta getting got was ace. And I liked the way Tom Hardy went out too. Lovely set up for series 5. Even went & bought a Peaky Blinders cap from a shop by New St station
 
Old 22-12-2017, 02:33 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Adrien Corleone is doing my head in, as is Avarama Littlefinger. I liked Gillen well enough in The Wire but it's been downhill from there. Hope Polly gets killed, never liked her.
Given up on this now. Concluded that it is shit.
I was always a fairly reluctant viewer but the cringe dialogue, atrocious acting, OTT stylisation and weak storylines finally got to me in this new season.
It was Brodyís Don Corleone impression that got me. The thought of him, Littlefinger, Hardy and Murphy seeing who can ham it up the most is too much.
 
Old 22-12-2017, 05:58 AM
thenorthwillriseagain
 
Default

quite underwhelmed with that ending. Thought they'd have gone bigger

most of the last three episodes filmed in Manchester
victoria baths, town hall and london road fire station
 
Old 22-12-2017, 07:30 AM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It was Brodyís Don Corleone impression that got me.
Likewise - have no idea how on earth that many people from actors/directors/producers involved etc concluded it was a good idea.

It was like it was a piss take or an outlandish bet or something.

Think the whole thing ran itís course sometime ago.
 
Old 22-12-2017, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Always found it a bit meh tbh, not surprised to hear its gone way OTT.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Peaky Blinders
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peaky Blinders Fat Al TV / Film / Books / Arts 4 06-05-2016 01:10 AM
Peaky blinders My Name is Keith TV / Film / Books / Arts 45 09-01-2016 06:03 AM
Peaky Blinders Fat Al TV / Film / Books / Arts 8 03-10-2014 01:22 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.