United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Was 8 years ago. And a fair few of them have made it in top leagues, which was a significant improvement around that time as the academy had been shit.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=12


f***ing hell what happened....
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:34 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Was 8 years ago. And a fair few of them have made it in top leagues, which was a significant improvement around that time as the academy had been shit.
At the time they all looked like great prospects, I agree...

Hopefully some of these latest little bastards make it long term here instead of being shipped out elsewhere.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Coracao
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick View Post
At the time they all looked like great prospects, I agree...

Hopefully some of these latest little bastards make it long term here instead of being shipped out elsewhere.
Impossible to predict at the ages they are I suppose.

If you look at that list, two names that stand out at that age are Petrucci, who was regarded as one of the best prospects in Europe (Totti's heir ) and Morrison who was rightly regarded as the best prospect in the academy since 92.

One was ravaged with injury and is playing in the Turkish second flight, the other is a momumental dickhead and is playing in Mexico.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 03:42 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Impossible to predict at the ages they are I suppose.

If you look at that list, two names that stand out at that age are Petrucci, who was regarded as one of the best prospects in Europe (Totti's heir ) and Morrison who was rightly regarded as the best prospect in the academy since 92.

One was ravaged with injury and is playing in the Turkish second flight, the other is a momumental dickhead and is playing in Mexico.
Yep. Playing at 16/17 they're going to be showing what talent they have, like Ravvers was doing on the reg' in the youth team. Scoring 18 yard bicycle kicks infront of the kop etc.

It's the few years after that when they start earning decent coin that most will falter, and attitudes play a major role.

Why Rashers is doing so well. Top class attitude to it all.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Buck
 
Default

Youth football is a complete bubble. If you're in there it's very easy to get caught into the attention which is why some of these England lads who have won recent tournaments need good guidance. I watched some of the U17 final and that Foden kid was proper giving it pointing to his name towards the camera. The kid looks special but as I say it's one thing being the top guy in what could be passed as a year 11 game and another to handle the demands of having to earn your stripes in senior football.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

couldn't give a f***, sounds like a tropical disease.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 05:19 PM
sweetleftfoot
 
Default

Or a fruity soft drink
 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:02 PM
RedMenace
 
Default

Super talent. Can control the ball and make some passes with either foot given time and space, knows how to run and which way he should be heading when he does.
 
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Meh, we'll only ruin him within six months anyway
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Umaro Embolo
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United interested in 16-year-old Benfica forward Umaro Embalo fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 19-10-2017 04:20 PM
Breel Embolo Switching Off Football 115 26-06-2016 03:29 PM
Arsenal and Manchester United target Breel Embolo joins Schalke less than 24 hours after Switzerland fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 26-06-2016 02:00 PM
Breel Embolo could lead line vs Liverpool with Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid scouting fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 09-12-2014 12:40 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.