United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 05-11-2017, 03:59 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
Had to do a bit today, trying to defend UK jobs at the NW Labour conference. f***ing frightened to death I was, brought up the much missed aircraft plants in Manchester Chaderton and Woodford. This Tory government is a f***ing disgrace. So ends the message.
Well done, pal. Considering you've only been doing this politics lark for a few years, you're not making a bad job of it.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:14 PM
20 times

If I could just say a few words, I’d be a better public speaker

Old 05-11-2017, 05:23 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Well done, pal. Considering you've only been doing this politics lark for a few years, you're not making a bad job of it.
I've always been a trade unionist I never bothered with the Labour party as it didn't really represent my views when I was last living in England, Tony Blair was in charge. I've just been elected as an officer in my local CLP as well.

On a side note I was taken to a club in Blackpool last night by a union brother that wasn't shit which was a suprise; the Soul Suite, an excellent club with fantastic music and not frequented by bell ends which is a rare beast in Blackpool.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
I've always been a trade unionist I never bothered with the Labour party as it didn't really represent my views when I was last living in England, Tony Blair was in charge. I've just been elected as an officer in my local CLP as well.

On a side note I was taken to a club in Blackpool last night by a union brother that wasn't shit which was a suprise; the Soul Suite, an excellent club with fantastic music and not frequented by bell ends which is a rare beast in Blackpool.
Did you see duckers? Oh no wait you said NOT frequented with bells.

Sorry.

Seriously though much respect. Good for you mate.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
JCL?

Ruthless RIC.

Old 15-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Absolutely adore it tbh....especially if it's a subject I'm excited about....

Really love interviews as well (think people should do more of them)

Had a bit of specific training and quite a lot of practice...

Once you get over 20/30 people it can start to daunt on you a little but push on through, don't read from notes or have too rigid a formula..remember there's ALWAYS time for humour..

Ended up being the spokesman at my work these days for visitors..had some absolute Chods over from Texas the other month..
Bellys proud over their stonwash jeans, huge belt buckles depicting log cabins, sky scraper vistas and oil well pumps..
Had them WRAPPED around my pinky..

"Well if you are struggling for natural gas resources why don't you guys just just open another hundred pipelines...
Oooo watch out China"

Split second I thought I'd f***ed it..

Place erupted...almost a hoe down, thighs slapped all over the shop..

BB in yet another “I’m so f***ing wonderful” post shocker

Old 15-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
BB in yet another “I’m so f***ing wonderful” post shocker
He’s pretty awesome at it tbf. Not met many people who can control and captivate a room like my man Bunks.

Old 15-11-2017, 03:40 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Split second I thought I'd f***ed it..

Place erupted...almost a hoe down, thighs slapped all over the shop..

Old 15-11-2017, 03:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

everytime a working class brother opens his mouth in public is a leap. keep up the good works and it does get easier