United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Cricket - The Ashes (and other Cricket)

1st warm up game, v Western Australia 80s for VInce & Stoneman, 50s for Malan & Ballance, JB & Woakes chipping in

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41917

Our lad has just got a 2 year working visa in Aus, he’s due to arrive towards the end of the 5th test, could be the best timing ever, or the worst

Last edited by thatsfuctit; 04-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:23 PM
red in cumbria

Doesn't seem like that long since the last one in Oz

Old 04-11-2017, 08:30 PM
20 times

How good are the Aussies? I’ve not really been following their results recently

Old 04-11-2017, 08:38 PM
waynes ear's

Should be good this. 5-0 Australia

Old 04-11-2017, 08:41 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
How good are the Aussies? I’ve not really been following their results recently
Predictably they are talking themselves up, and McGrath predicts 5-0.

I think they aren’t all that , Smith & Warner are top class bats, they seem undecided who should keep, Starc is the only consistent class bowler for me, yes they have some good other quicks, but the are all rather injury prone.
I believe khawaja’s record at home is pretty strong , certainly it’s not a vintage Aussie team.

1st test is vital .

Last edited by thatsfuctit; 04-11-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
Predictably they are taking themselves up, and McGrath predicts 5-0.

I think they aren’t all that , Smith & Warner are top class bats, they seem undecided who should keep, Starc is the only consistent class bowler for me, yes they have some good other quicks, but the are all rather injury prone.
I believe khawaja’s record at home is pretty strong , certainly it’s not a vintage Aussie team.

1st test is vital .
Got shown up by South Africa on home soil last year and even Pakistan put up a decent effort. Lost to India away and drew with Bangladesh on tour. They have real weaknesses away in spin/swing conditions but should be fine at home.

Our attack lacks speed but hopefully Anderson and Broad can use their experience otherwise they're in for a long day in the field.The depth in our bowling is very ordinary. Jake Ball is going to be completely innocuous away from English conditions. Real shame Wood couldn't make it as at least he has raw speed.

Then there's no Stokes....

Old 04-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
Predictably they are taking themselves up, and McGrath predicts 5-0.

1st test is vital .
This. The f***ing Gabba

If England can get out of there without losing, they'll have a real chance with the second Test a day/nighter at Adelaide.

On the other hand, if they lose it'll probably be 5-0 and the fifth Test will feature three players not in the original squad who never play a Test match again.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Got shown up by South Africa on home soil last year and even Pakistan put up a decent effort. Lost to India away and drew with Bangladesh on tour. They have real weaknesses away in spin/swing conditions but should be fine at home.

Our attack lacks speed but hopefully Anderson and Broad can use their experience otherwise they're in for a long day in the field.The depth in our bowling is very ordinary. Jake Ball is going to be completely innocuous away from English conditions. Real shame Wood couldn't make it as at least he has raw speed.

Then there's no Stokes....
I think we’ll be keeping a close eye on how Wood is going with the Lions.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Alan

Is Finn bowling quick these days or is he still persisting with the 'I'm a medium pacer' balls?

He was very effective over there when he first appeared on the scene bowling fast and aggressive.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:36 PM
thatsfuctit

A re run of 2010/11 with Cook batting for days would be lovely