United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 03-11-2017, 09:03 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post
Build your own. I've just done it with no experience and it was great, and cheaper than buying one ready made.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256517
Thanks for the link but i'm not even going to open it in case I get the idea that it's something within my sphere of competence.

Because it isn't.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth View Post
All the XB1 games
Over 400 XB360 games
Now starting to roll out XBO games

PS4 probs has a few more exclusives in fairness but most of the AAA titles appear on both platforms.

I haven't a clue about VR as I have absolutely no interest in it.
Who cares about backwards compatibility about from weirdos. Iíve answered my own question there havenít I.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Spock

quick hijack but can you play DVD's through a ps4?

Old 03-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Mr_Ed

Black Friday. f*** off.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Has to be the PS4 unless you're an American child..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
quick hijack but can you play DVD's through a ps4?

Of course, it's not 1982 mate

Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Who cares about backwards compatibility about from weirdos. Iíve answered my own question there havenít I.
Quote:
"We specifically know, based on our complete view of Xbox Live usage data, players are highly engaged with backwards compatible game titles, Itís why we continue to support this well-loved feature and the games that use it."

- Microsoft
Seriously, how many good, original current gen titles are there?

It's not like 20 years ago where if you went back a generation a game would seem dated and unplayable. Only major difference these days is the visuals.

GTAV, MGSV, Arkham City, Destiny, The Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor are all 'last gen' titles.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Has to be the PS4 unless you're an American child..

Of course, it's not 1982 mate
sorry. Cheers

Old 03-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Arnold Muhren

Are you planning to play co-op with mates? If so, get what they have. If you have no mates then get a PS4.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:39 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth View Post

GTAV, MGSV, Arkham City, Destiny, The Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor are all 'last gen' titles.
Which given the choice you would play on current gen. No ones cares even if they say they do, MS were clutching at straws after botching up their launch.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:48 AM
TheKitchenSink

Console wise there isn't that much between PS4 & XB1, although PS4 is the more popular of the two.

Have got PSVR & Rift, both are awesome pieces of kit.

PSVR Pros are that it's far more comfortable than the Rift, very easy to use once you've set it up, cheap compared to the Rift and already set up to work perfectly with multiplayer. Cons are that you're locked to the playstation store (still loads to choose from though), there aren't many non-gaming VR experiences, VR media integration (3D videos, etc) isn't the best and the move controllers (motion controls) are pretty average. Tracking can also be a bit wonky due to PSVR using the camera & light sources. It's usually OK but can be frustrating if it goes weird for no obvious reason.

Rift can in theory have higher resolution graphically, but depends in your graphics card and in my experience it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. It's got a really vast library of games using the Oculus & Steam store (a lot of shovelware though, so read reviews first), there's a lot of awesome non-gaming VR stuff like Google Earth VR which is just superb, and the touch controllers (motion controls) are incredible. Far superior to PSVR's moves. Also tracking is done via a couple of motion sensors on stands so it's way more precise than PSVR, no issues there at all. Rift's biggest cons are that it needs a pretty expensive PC to run, is nowhere near as comfortable as PSVR and the PC set up can be a little more awkward than the relatively straight forward PSVR set up. Nothing major though and if you're PC savvy you'll be absolutely fine.

Obviously for both the more space you have the better. PSVR has a limited area of space due to the camera, but the Rift can do full roomscale with 3 sensors (potentially 2 as well, but it can be hit and miss) which obviously makes the experience a lot more immersive.

Don't listen to people who say VR is shit, they've either never tried it properly, can't afford it, get motion sickness or don't have time for it due to wife & kids draining their time, spirit and resources. It's a pretty mind blowing experience and PSVR in particular is amazing value for money.