United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 05-11-2017, 01:35 AM
MrBishi

Dunno if we're supposed to spoiler things since all episodes are out, but I'll do it just in case

***spoiler***
The whole thing lacked the suspense of the first series. The mostly-hidden eldritch monsters from the first series were much scarier than the flower-headed dogs from this one. Now, if they'd focused on the smoke monster, that would've been much more interesting

That episode with the punks was dreadful. It was completely out of place and the characters were absurd, a straight-off-the-shelf 'crew'. Sad thing is you can tell they'll bring 'em back for series 3

Shame they killed off Samwise, he was top. Again though it felt formulaic, nice guy, hidden talents, saves the day, dies.

Aside from those three things, I really enjoyed it though

Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi View Post
Dunno if we're supposed to spoiler things since all episodes are out, but I'll do it just in case

***spoiler***
The whole thing lacked the suspense of the first series. The mostly-hidden eldritch monsters from the first series were much scarier than the flower-headed dogs from this one. Now, if they'd focused on the smoke monster, that would've been much more interesting

That episode with the punks was dreadful. It was completely out of place and the characters were absurd, a straight-off-the-shelf 'crew'. Sad thing is you can tell they'll bring 'em back for series 3

Shame they killed off Samwise, he was top. Again though it felt formulaic, nice guy, hidden talents, saves the day, dies.

I suppose the cookie cutter characters are intentional. Some older folk might baulk at the trope, but youngsters?

I thought S2 was well done considering S1 wasn't that good, and neither were the 80's. Just a bit of fun.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:03 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I suppose the cookie cutter characters are intentional. Some older folk might baulk at the trope, but youngsters?

I thought S2 was well done considering S1 wasn't that good, and neither were the 80's. Just a bit of fun.
What on earth do you know about fun?

Old 05-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Rorschach

I finished S2 the other night & overall, really enjoyed it.

It didn't change the world but it was more than worth the time.

8/10.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
What on earth do you know about fun?
What I imagine to be fun.

e.g. Picking an old friend up from the airport during Monday rush hour. Fun.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
What I imagine to be fun.

e.g. Picking an old friend up from the airport during Monday rush hour. Fun.
You 2 in the beautiful south Monday?

Fancy a tea cake with me and hark?

Not a euphamism

Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM
TheFatGoth

Given up halfway through ep. 4

zzz

Old 05-11-2017, 01:53 PM
HarkNowHear

Really enjoyed it.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
You 2 in the beautiful south Monday?

Fancy a tea cake with me and hark?

Not a euphamism
Stranger things have happened....

I'm kidding : they haven't.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi View Post

***spoiler***

***spoiler***
Canít really remember, but didnít the baddie from the first series have the same flower head? But it was a bi-ped rather than a dog thing?

Anyway really enjoyed it, but agree about ep7

Dustin and Steve