United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 12-11-2017, 07:18 PM
sub three hours

If we (England) had to play PNG in Port Moresby with that crowd behind them, I genuinely think they'd have beaten us

Old 18-11-2017, 08:35 AM
shenwen

Ignoring the Australia game, which was as one-sided as expected, superb quarter finals so far

Lebanon unlucky not to beat Tonga. They had three tries disallowed. One was especially harsh. Tonga won by 2 points in the end.

NZ 2 - Fiji 4. No tries but tense as fuck. Fiji's defence was immense.

So far this tournament has been a great advert for the game at that second-tier level (which is everyone except Australia).

What chances PNG to beat England tomorrow?

Old 18-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Ignoring the Australia game, which was as one-sided as expected, superb quarter finals so far

Lebanon unlucky not to beat Tonga. They had three tries disallowed. One was especially harsh. Tonga won by 2 points in the end.

NZ 2 - Fiji 4. No tries but tense as fuck. Fiji's defence was immense.

So far this tournament has been a great advert for the game at that second-tier level (which is everyone except Australia).

What chances PNG to beat England tomorrow?
cracking result that. Going to be close i'd say tomorrow. England not firing yet. It's on at stupid o'clock here

Old 18-11-2017, 08:54 AM
nick henry

I didn't see the Tonga-lebanon game which sounded a cracker but just watched the Fiji-Kiwi one and actually cannot believe it.

I expected Fiji to have a crack, be really aggressive and score some points in the first half but to gas and eventually rolled over by about 16-20 second half. To see how dominant at times they were and to be that disciplined and organised as to not concede a try to the Kiwis was unimaginable before the game. However shit the Kiwis have been in this tournament and even accounting for;

a. the fact they lost the likes of Taumololo to Tonga before it all started

b. Kidwell is an absolute Moyes

they still have loads of quality and strike in that team in RTS, Johnson etc so this must go down as the biggest shock in international RL history..........................possibly until tomorrow

Old 18-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Called it back on the 5th. England getting done tomorrow.

Old 25-11-2017, 07:06 AM
shenwen

England v Tonga

Fuck me, what a last 5 minutes.

Tonga 20 down. Came back but lost 20-18. Two more minutes they would have won. Maybe should have - looked like a try in last second.

That crowd

Old 25-11-2017, 08:50 AM
andyroo

There'll be some shootings in Mount Druitt tonight

Old 25-11-2017, 10:15 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
England v Tonga

f*** me, what a last 5 minutes.

Tonga 20 down. Came back but lost 20-18. Two more minutes they would have won. Maybe should have - looked like a try in last second.

That crowd
To be honest, I've never seen fans like that.

Canít see anything but an Aussie win next week though

Old 25-11-2017, 01:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
To be honest, I've never seen fans like that.

Canít see anything but an Aussie win next week though
Pretty special wasn't it?

The commentators said they couldn't hear each other speak

Agree on Australia. Thought England looked strong but conceding three tries in less than 10 minutes at the end is not good. Aussies all the way.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:07 AM
sub three hours

Sean O'Loughlin's definitely out of the final.

I just hope we're competitive tomorrow.