United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 28-10-2017, 08:15 AM
shenwen

Default Rugby League World Cup

Realise this post could be appealing to an audience of 1, but anyone else watching?

Been decent so far.

England put up a decent show against the Aussies.

Wales just got battered all over the pitch and lost 50-6 to....Papua New Guinea. And the 6 was lucky - in the final play of the game. The atmosphere in Port Moresby was excellent. Apparently the PNG fans are the RL equivalent of Brazilian football fans

NZ- Samoa on at the moment. Good game. 10-4 for NZ at half time.

Old 28-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Realise this post could be appealing to an audience of 1, but anyone else watching?

Been decent so far.

Wales just got battered all over the pitch and lost 50-6 to....Papua New Guinea. And the 6 was lucky - in the final play of the game. The atmosphere in Port Moresby was excellent. Apparently the PNG fans are the RL equivalent of Brazilian football fans

Nope, I'm in. Enjoyed the England game. Scoreline flattered the convicts a bit but they will take some beating. Burgess lwill be a loss though they say he should be back for semi's?

Old 28-10-2017, 08:48 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Nope, I'm in. Enjoyed the England game. Scoreline flattered the convicts a bit but they will take some beating. Burgess lwill be a loss though they say he should be back for semi's?
Think the Aussies will step up a gear or two when they need to. Playing the opening game in Melbourne didn't help. Flat atmosphere.

PNG were brilliant to watch. From the very first carry, they were nails

Old 28-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Vedder

Couldn’t wales just put out 15 union lads ffs?

Old 28-10-2017, 10:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Couldn’t wales just put out 15 union lads ffs?
13. Although would have needed 15 to catch the PNG lads.

Felt sorry for them tbf. They were lost out there. Combination of the intensity of PNG plus the weather really killed Wales. Playing in Port Moresby alone must be a disadvantage. Looks like a mental place.

Wales at least have Welsh lads in the team, unlike the other European teams (England excluded) who are both mostly made up of Aussies who couldn't make the national team so went with their great granddad's passport. Lebanon are in the tournament ffs.

Old 28-10-2017, 11:10 AM
sub three hours

I'm in too, I love my rugby league, prefer it to football, United excepted of course. ☺

Old 28-10-2017, 01:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
13. Although would have needed 15 to catch the PNG lads.

Felt sorry for them tbf. They were lost out there. Combination of the intensity of PNG plus the weather really killed Wales. Playing in Port Moresby alone must be a disadvantage. Looks like a mental place.

Wales at least have Welsh lads in the team, unlike the other European teams (England excluded) who are both mostly made up of Aussies who couldn't make the national team so went with their great granddad's passport. Lebanon are in the tournament ffs.
That's a French influence thing I presume?

Old 28-10-2017, 02:04 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
That's a French influence thing I presume?
Apparently loads of Lebanese live in Australia.

think the entire squad, aside from a few players who won't feature in the tournament are Aussies

Old 04-11-2017, 06:33 AM
shenwen

Samoa v Tonga right now

Should be a right battle

Fans been fighting each other all week

Fancy this and PNG v Ireland tomorrow

Old 04-11-2017, 06:17 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Been decent so far.

Cheers.Didn't realise it was on

Better than that kick and clap nonsense