United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 26-10-2017, 09:40 AM
andyroo

I read somewhere else it's not Trump's decision to release them, the age of the docs means they're due for release and indeed have been for some time now, and Trump's only impact would be to have right of veto on some aspects on the time-worn excuse of "national security".

Old 26-10-2017, 09:53 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
I read somewhere else it's not Trump's decision to release them, the age of the docs means they're due for release and indeed have been for some time now, and Trump's only impact would be to have right of veto on some aspects on the time-worn excuse of "national security".
the president has to approve the release. without his approval they can not be released.

Old 26-10-2017, 10:05 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
They're not working very well tbh

Old 26-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Diversionary tactics from Trump. The c***.
The JFK industry is one giant diversionary tactic.

Quote:
.People always ask, 'What can I do?' And then they say, here's something I can do. I can become a qualified civil engineer in an hour, and prove that Bush blew up the World Trade Center. I'm pretty sure that in Washington they must be clapping. A couple of years ago, I came across a Pentagon document that was about declassification procedures. Among other things, it proposed that the government should periodically declassify information about the Kennedy assassination. Let people trace whether Kennedy was killed by the mafia, so activists will go off on a wild goose chase instead of pursuing real problems or getting organized. It wouldn't shock me if thirty years from now we discover in the declassified record that the 9/11 [conspiracy] industry was also being fed by the [Bush] administration
(Chomsky going on in Harri).

Old 26-10-2017, 10:22 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof View Post
need America to wake up first...

Old 26-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
The JFK industry is one giant diversionary tactic.

(Chomsky going on in Harri).
You know I totally get that. Rather than doing something getting stuck in the past. But the juxtaposition of that is of course if you want people to be knowledgeable or have a reason to change things in their life they need information.

I don't know anything about JFK btw. I enjoyed the Oliver stone film when I was 15 or something.

Old 26-10-2017, 10:57 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Er if you read my initial post and the news article the CIA admitted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
You know I totally get that. Rather than doing something getting stuck in the past. But the juxtaposition of that is of course if you want people to be knowledgeable or have a reason to change things in their life they need information.

I don't know anything about JFK btw. I enjoyed the Oliver stone film when I was 15 or something.

Quite ironic that you enjoyed the JFK film when you are 15 but here you are, mid life, believing in fairy tales about fake planes and men in black.

Old 26-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Er if you read my initial post and the news article the CIA admitted it.

Quite ironic that you enjoyed the JFK film when you are 15 but here you are, mid life, believing in fairy tales about fake planes and men in black.
There's a difference between believing in things and questioning things. I don't believe the official story about 9/11, there's bits missing. I also believe it's been used to continue perpetual war. That's really not that out there

Old 26-10-2017, 11:13 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Ten thousand docs to be released although files which may harm 'National Security' won't be so I guess that the majority of them being locked away forever.

Nothing interesting will come out unfortunately as even the CIA historian admitted in 2014 that they took part in a cover up to destroy top secret documents and photographs. In their own words: "The cover-up was intended to keep investigators focused exclusively on evidence that proved “what the Agency believed at the time was the ‘best truth’ – that Lee Harvey Oswald, for as yet undetermined motives, had acted alone in killing Kennedy”.

Still waiting for them to drop, need America to wake up first...
That's a sinister phrase.

Old 26-10-2017, 11:14 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
That's a sinister phrase.
Not my words.