United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 19-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Arnold Muhren

He'll want to play co-op with his mates so get the PS4. Standard 500gb one will do fine, he won't need the 4k Pro. A 32" 1080p telly will do fine as well.
Games wise you can't go wrong with the Lego games. A quality headset is a worthwhile purchase though, Turtle Beach are great.

Old 19-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw View Post
Christ I know nothing about these things but my soon to be 8 yr old wants one for his joint birthday/xmas present. His mate has a PS4, so he wants one of those. *Is it that straightforward? **Should I steer him towards something else?
*Parenting is never straightforward.
**You should definitely steer him towards something else...

...that way he can start to collect resentment data - and rightly so, you awkward sonofab***h.

Old 19-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Poop

Obvious answer is the PS4 as it'll still be around in a few years time. For an 8 year old kid though, I'd get a Switch without a moments hesitation. Everything on it is tailor made for that age.

Was at a funeral this past weekend and brought mine with me to keep the cousins occupied. Not a peep out of them from Saturday morning till Sunday night. Had to be recharged (undocked) six times, the ravenous little sods. Rayman, Mario Kart and Sonic went down an absolute treat with them. Four of them have since been requested from Santa, parents were fuming at me

Old 19-10-2017, 01:18 PM
TheFatGoth

Get him GTA V, Call of Duty and one of the batman games.

It's what all his mates will have and if he ends up with a load of Lego games for xmas he'll only get bullied at school.

Old 19-10-2017, 01:29 PM
plopborsky

i have all 3 and the switch is the winner by a long shot. They can pick it up and play it all over the house, car rides the lot and just start playing again on the tv.

Mario is out this month too. fifa is on it minecraft as well. Dont waste your money one ps4 or xbox for a kid that age

Old 19-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Throw

What's the Switch then? Looks like a hand held thing. Can he play FIFA on a big telly on it?

Old 19-10-2017, 01:34 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
What's the Switch then? Looks like a hand held thing. Can he play FIFA on a big telly on it?

Old 19-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Poop

Quote:
Mario Odyssey is out next Friday week too. What 8 year old isn't going to love this?

Old 19-10-2017, 01:43 PM
red red robbo

Important point.

His friend has a PS4 now so your lad will not thank you for getting him a switch, even if it is more suitable.

However, is his friend getting a Switch for christmas? Last thing you want is to lash out 200 notes on a PS4 and still end up being the worst parent in the world because his friend has the newest thing and everything you buy him is old and you're so lame and he hates you so much etc etc....

Old 19-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Poop

Switch has two controllers built in and is portable. His friend can come round and play it together or he can bring it to his house.