United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 17-10-2017, 10:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack View Post
That would be the eventual aim. But if sharing the road at any points, pedestrian / cyclist / cat crossing errors would still be hard to eliminate initially.
not really. just need a sensible interface.

competent a.i. (or a compassionate human) could solve the homeless problem in five minutes too.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:36 AM
silv

yeah A.I could never go wrong could it

Jesus, did you never see any sci fi films??

natural selection is best. failing that an overlord to make our decisions for us whilst we eat our vitamin tablets and use the 3 sea shells.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:36 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
Reduced speed limits in built up areas would help too.

Quote:
competent a.i. (or a compassionate human) could solve the homeless problem in five minutes too.
True that.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:37 AM
red red robbo

Quote:

If you gave every homeless person a house, some of them would be back on the streets within a year. Many of them have deep psychological problems that can not be solved by simply providing them with a roof over their heads.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
The homeless person has street smarts. It will fight tooth an nail to ameliorate its predicament.

It knows how to improvise in order to combat extreme weather conditions. It is highly mobile and aggressive: with no family ties to hold it back.

So, if we're looking towards a doomsday scenario, AI is always going to favour the homeless warrior over some fat cuck lumbered with screaming brats and nagging wife.
i don't think you understand the concept at all.

AI will make the decision on who is the better contributor to society. Not who could survive most in the post apocalypse, you imbecile.

humans, like any other animal, are designed to procreate first and foremost. Failure to do so renders you a dead end dna wise.

Computer says; Eradicate.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:40 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
If you gave every homeless person a house, some of them would be back on the streets within a year. Many of them have deep psychological problems that can not be solved by simply providing them with a roof over their heads.
A compassionate person or competent ai would be dealing with that too - obvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post

AI will make the decision on who is the better contributor to society. Not who could survive most in the post apocalypse, you imbecile.

humans, like any other animal, are designed to procreate first and foremost. Failure to do so renders you a dead end dna wise.

Would landed gentry be chosen over a renter?

Able bodied over amputee?

Blue eyed over brown?

Old 17-10-2017, 10:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
so are you saying that competent a.i. / compassionate human needs to look at more than simply building houses to solve the problem or that the problem can only truly be solved by the sharp edges of a psychotic driverless vehicle?

Old 17-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post

In an overpopulated world on the brink of destruction, your solution is more procreation?

AI would most likely favour someone like me. Then single guy in rented accommodation. Then homeless guy.

You're basically roadkill.

Old 17-10-2017, 10:47 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack View Post
A compassionate person or competent ai would be dealing with that too - obvs.
Obvs, but I think that might take longer than 5 minutes. Unles we are getting this guy back

Quote:
so are you saying that competent a.i. / compassionate human needs to look at more than simply building houses to solve the problem or that the problem can only truly be solved by the sharp edges of a psychotic driverless vehicle?
I don't think anyone is advocating the use of autonomous vehicles for population control.

Although now you come to mention it...

Old 17-10-2017, 10:52 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Why kill the homeless person? Surely s/he's had enough bad luck.
Less ramifications. Who is going to miss them? It'd save me at least 5* per week if someone offed just the ones on deansgate.

*50p