United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 12-10-2017, 06:11 PM
irk

Default Broadband providers

I'm thinking of switching to zen Internet as they seem to have good customer satisfaction scores. Can't get virgin. BT have been ok but I constantly have to reset my router to get decent speed.

Anyone had any dealings with them?

Old 12-10-2017, 06:15 PM
ScarFace

If its not virgin, then all other broadband comes down the same like as BT, as the other companies just rent the line from BT.

You'll get a different router/hub though so that may fix the issues.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:16 PM
red in cumbria

I have TalkTalk, seem to do pretty OK.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:19 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
If its not virgin, then all other broadband comes down the same like as BT, as the other companies just rent the line from BT.

You'll get a different router/hub though so that may fix the issues.
BT are cheaper by a couple of quid not enough to quibble. It's the customer service and thing that might be crucial. It's their USP. I know from bitter experience that when broadband goes wrong it's usually up to a stupid unhelpful bastard on the other end of the phone to sort it. And BT are f***ing w****rs for it.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
BT are cheaper by a couple of quid not enough to quibble. It's the customer service and thing that might be crucial. It's their USP. I know from bitter experience that when broadband goes wrong it's usually up to a stupid unhelpful bastard on the other end of the phone to sort it. And BT are f***ing w****rs for it.
An awful Lot can be sorted via a reset, some simple checks and a new up to date router, a lot of companies now are sending diff gear...

Keep on top of your speeds...always ask for new and upto date equipment.

What speeds are they offering, just you and your partner in the house...

Does he use loads of internet ?

Old 12-10-2017, 06:23 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
An awful Lot can be sorted via a reset, some simple checks and a new up to date router, a lot of companies now are sending diff gear...

Keep on top of your speeds...always ask for new and upto date equipment.

What speeds are they offering, just you and your partner in the house...

Does he use loads of internet ?
This will not stand, maaan.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
This will not stand, maaan.

'A good set of lads'

Old 12-10-2017, 07:10 PM
rbw91

I use Zen and have done for about 10 years and think they are great. Very rarely need to speak to them and whenever I have, they have been shit hot in tech support. Itís not the cheapest broadband at all, I pay £35.40 per month for unlimited 80mb download speed. I would recommend them

Old 12-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw91 View Post
I use Zen and have done for about 10 years and think they are great. Very rarely need to speak to them and whenever I have, they have been shit hot in tech support. Itís not the cheapest broadband at all, I pay £35.40 per month for unlimited 80mb download speed. I would recommend them
Evening Mr Tang

Old 12-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw91 View Post
I pay £14 for 60 with BT. £35.40 is steep