United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 PM
ScarFace

Lightbulb Why Almost Everything You've Been Told About Unhealthy Foods Is Wrong

Could eating too much margarine be bad for your critical faculties? The "experts" who so confidently advised us to replace saturated fats, such as butter, with polyunsaturated spreads, people who presumably practise what they preach, have suddenly come over all uncertain and seem to be struggling through a mental fog to reformulate their script.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nutri...ng-2014-3?IR=T

Old 10-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Haven't watched the video but I thought it was common knowledge that butter wasn't that bad compared to margarine physically/globally...

Old 10-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Cream

2014 article so presumably they've changed their minds back by now.

Anything that greasy fat mess makes is ultra unhealthy.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:05 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
2014 article so presumably they've changed their minds back by now.

Anything that greasy fat mess makes is ultra unhealthy.
3 years old ffs....god dam you joe rogan retweetin that today.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 PM
armchair

I'd guess margarine/pretend butter is far worse than real butter just because it's heavily processed.

I judge stuff on taste not on likelihood to kill me tbh. And butter wins that too,

Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
2014 article so presumably they've changed their minds back by now
Few truer things are said in jest than this. Just eat what you enjoy, but try to be sensible about it. The end.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Few truer things are said in jest than this. Just eat what you enjoy, but try to be sensible about it. The end.
You realise you're replying to a strict vegan, yes?

Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
3 years old ffs....god dam you joe rogan retweetin that today.
need to start taking joe with a pinch of salt

i like the idea of what he says but he gets evangelical about causes. Goes off his nut when someone says salt is bad for you. And argued that people can OD on water.

He speaks a lot of sense but he's just reading shit like the rest of us. Some of which is unverified.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You realise you're replying to a strict vegan, yes?

Of course

Old 12-10-2017, 06:28 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
need to start taking joe with a pinch of salt

i like the idea of what he says but he gets evangelical about causes. Goes off his nut when someone says salt is bad for you. And argued that people can OD on water.

He speaks a lot of sense but he's just reading shit like the rest of us. Some of which is unverified.
You can OD on water. It was very common during the 90s when people at raves off their face on Es drank loads and loads of water.