United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 02-10-2017, 05:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Default Electric Cars/hybrids

Thinking of seriously considering one of these when I next need to purchase (possibly next year).

Anyone know much about them - which are considered to be the best etc.

Are there enough re-charge points knocking about or do you have to plan a long journey with military precision.

I realise that there something called the internet but itís a minefield.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:36 PM
no fun

All services along the m6 have them

Realise that's no use if you are going to Yorkshire, but the lakes is sorted

Old 02-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Just go vegan and drive a real car. Evens itself out.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
Thinking of seriously considering one of these when I next need to purchase (possibly next year).

Anyone know much about them - which are considered to be the best etc.

Are there enough re-charge points knocking about or do you have to plan a long journey with military precision.

I realise that there something called the internet but itís a minefield.
It's heading that way, especially if you live in or around a major city.

The same way 4 star leaded petrol cars were phased out, over the next 10-15 years diesel and petrol cars will be phased out.

Don't go fully electric yet, they're ridiculously over priced and there aren't enough rapid charge points around in this country yet for you to get a quick charge if you're out and about. Get a hybrid is my recommendation.

In london there are just two super-fast charge points in the entire city, other than that everywhere else it's a 3-4 hours for a full charge on regular charge points.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:40 PM
waynes ear's

Stick to throwing gang signs at the mrs. Throw her the keys for a battery car and she'll walk out

Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Just go vegan and drive a real car. Evens itself out.
This

V6 for me next. Enjoy driving while it still exists. Unless you don't enjoy driving, in which case get a leaf

Old 02-10-2017, 05:49 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

The same way 4 star leaded petrol cars were phased out, over the next 10-15 years diesel and petrol cars will be phased out.

Don't go fully electric yet, they're ridiculously over priced and there aren't enough rapid charge points around in this country yet for you to get a quick charge if you're out and about. Get a hybrid is my recommendation.

In london there are just two super-fast charge points in the entire city, other than that everywhere else it's a 3-4 hours for a full charge on regular charge points.
This. The mrs uncle had to drive across country for a do and was late because they were sat in the services for an hour waiting for it to top enough finish the journey.

I had a go of one when I had my car serviced. Nice and nippy. Eerily quiet. Nearly ran out of charge.

Have a double cheeseburger, buy a humvee, but a gun and fire it out of the window, and f*** the environment right up the wazoo.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:53 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

Would say in the next 5 theyíll be standard/in the majority and petrol/diesel will be the odd ones out. Battery technology is getting ever better plus the charge point thing will be sorted. Feels not quite there on too many front atm though as suggested.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Child of Darkness

Go Hybrid . Looked into this this summer it didnít quite stack up for me just yet as I do a fair amount of miles .

Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Would say in the next 5 theyíll be standard/in the majority and petrol/diesel will be the odd ones out. Battery technology is getting ever better plus the charge point thing will be sorted. Feels not quite there on too many front atm though as suggested.
It's going to be a very real thing for me in the next 18 months as well when this comes out:

Fully electric black cab.