United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 02-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Nelson

Would appreciate the forum's expert wisdom on this.

Had Monarch flights booked to the Canaries at October half-term for the wife and me. Only booked them about a month ago so paid premium price - 932 return for the two of us. Accommodation was booked separately.

Paid by debit card to avoid credit card charges

Read the Martin Lewis website this afternoon and saw the chargeback route on debit cards, but then saw a comment from someone who'd contacted Santander and been told they wouldn't honour a chargeback refund.

Any advice from anyone who's had any positive dialogue on chargeback on debit cards with any of the banks today?

Would welcome non-ironic replies only please, chaps - lost over a grand with the accommodation cost, and no holiday

Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post

Had Monarch flights booked to the Canaries at October half-term for the wife and me. Only booked them about a month ago so paid premium price - 932 return for the two of us. Accommodation was booked separately.

Read the Martin Lewis website this afternoon and saw the chargeback route on debit cards, but then saw a comment from someone who'd contacted Santander and been told they wouldn't honour a chargeback refund.

Any advice from anyone who's had any positive dialogue on chargeback on debit cards with any of the banks today?

Would welcome non-ironic replies only please, chaps - lost over a grand with the accommodation cost, and no holiday
Santander have said they will do the chargeback thing according to Martin Lewis

Old 03-10-2017, 09:49 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:

My advice would be to ring santander

Old 03-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Stretlow

Quote:

It doesn't matter what Santander want to do. They have to abide by the regulations.

You are entitled to charge that back

Old 03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Wonder how the Ryanair lads who had their flights KB'd got on with things in a quiet orderly fashion through the normal channels without 2 page threads...?

Hi.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Wonder how the Ryanair lads who had their flights KB'd got on with things in a quiet orderly fashion through the normal channels without 2 page threads...?

Hi.
The man has lost over a grand on a non-existent holiday you heartless monster... don't think losing out on a 35 flight to riga counts

Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
The man has lost over a grand on a non-existent holiday you heartless monster... don't think losing out on a 35 flight to riga counts
It was 600 mate, but I wouldn't think of wondering how to get my money back through such simple channels...

Bye.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
It was 600 mate, but I wouldn't think of wondering how to get my money back through such simple channels...

Bye.

Announce....?

Old 03-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

Announce....?
no chance.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley