United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:10 PM
doudou
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Moyes
He's coming up with eins, zwei, drei reasons to hire him.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Tiberian
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's too laid back. After three years of Guardiola I think the board felt that a more hands off approach would give the players a bit of fresh air. Turns out he was just a little too casual and players even going on record saying they didn't feel they were doing enough work.

Nagelsmann the obvious candidate to restore some madness. He video-tapes training sessions. Sounds familiar
Perhaps understandable coming from Ancelotti, his last few years have felt like a firefighting/retirement tour. Probably have to go back to Milan for the last time he had a job where he could really put his own mark on a team rather than working with the remains of another manager's work.

Going from LVG-Heynches-Pep to a more hands off type in Ancelotti maybe too great a change. I wonder if Bayern regret moving Heynches on when they did? Age was a factor to be fair.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:29 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

......,,,......................................... ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:35 PM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Perhaps understandable coming from Ancelotti, his last few years have felt like a firefighting/retirement tour. Probably have to go back to Milan for the last time he had a job where he could really put his own mark on a team rather than working with the remains of another manager's work.

Going from LVG-Heynches-Pep to a more hands off type in Ancelotti maybe too great a change. I wonder if Bayern regret moving Heynches on when they did? Age was a factor to be fair.
Heynckes was always a stop gap between LvG starting the change and Guardiola, who was always the target. He was actually set on retiring until he realised how well he was doing and obviously wanted to stay. By that time Guardiola had been signed.

In theory I like the idea of going from the hands on mentalist to a more laid back approach. Can probably work quite well. Maybe had LvG been more popular and successful the Giggs succession plan may have worked for a year or two.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
He's coming up with eins, zwei, drei reasons to hire him.
He'd make it difficult for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, nqat.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:42 PM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He'd make it difficult for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, nqat.
Tbf they just beat Bayern
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Tiberian
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Heynckes was always a stop gap between LvG starting the change and Guardiola, who was always the target. He was actually set on retiring until he realised how well he was doing and obviously wanted to stay. By that time Guardiola had been signed.

In theory I like the idea of going from the hands on mentalist to a more laid back approach. Can probably work quite well. Maybe had LvG been more popular and successful the Giggs succession plan may have worked for a year or two.
Age of the team perhaps key. Bayern with Alonso and Lahm retiring and a few others up there in age, Robben, Ribery, Vidal and Muller possibly past their prime, key period of transition. Needs more than that steady hand that Ancelotti has been in recent jobs.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:45 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Pub league.
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:46 PM
andyroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf they just beat Bayern


"We aspire to be like 1860"
 
Old 28-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Poop
 
Default

f***ing Moyes. He'd probably relegate Bayern tbh. Imagine him being unveiled to the press, the useless c***.....

"Au revoir. Ich bin ein Berliner"

Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Carlo Ancelotti sacked
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carlo Ancelotti dunk Football 20 08-05-2013 01:10 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson would be astonished if Carlo Ancelotti was sacked fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 08-05-2011 12:20 AM
Carlo Ancelotti: Man United v Chelsea is our cup final fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 06-05-2011 05:40 PM
Manchester United are not out of sight yet, says Carlo Ancelotti fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-04-2011 08:40 PM
Carlo Ancelotti: 'Chelsea are on par with Manchester United' fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 18-09-2009 05:00 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.