United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 27-09-2017, 09:49 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
prnk is just a bit of fun, eh? fun = utterly pointless distraction (at best). will they be testing missiles over knighsbridge? it's rather divisive nonsense from a part of the community that needs help.

ah, the ridiculous myth of the "taxpayer-funded monarchy".

more concerned that this c*** is picking up a salary.
Poor old jem, can see the tide a coming, knows it can't be stopped

Sit down and write a letter to the telegraph and be all appalled at your whole belief system being dashed against the rocks

Last edited by TripDownMiseryLane; 27-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Old 27-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
She'll be disappointed when she reads this back and sees she's ruined her only amusement in life, AND saved the Queen a few bob on stamps.
It's not about one person doing one thing. It's about changing a mindset through leadership. We don't have to have a monarchy, we don't have to have an NHS. If you vote Tory you are more likely to only have the monarchy...

Old 27-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
It's not about one person doing one thing. It's about changing a mindset through leadership. We don't have to have a monarchy, we don't have to have an NHS. If you vote Tory you are more likely to only have the monarchy...
Sorry Mr Kendal Mintcake.

I only meant she'd given the game away on her invitation lolz, I wasn't pushing for a tory-led coalition of the willing to invade her constituency and impose democracy on them.

Old 27-09-2017, 10:21 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:

ah, the ridiculous myth of the "taxpayer-funded monarchy".
ahh yes the crown estate

the only myth here is that they got that land legitimately
the ridiculous deal they made for us to fund them in perpetuity in exchange for that land they stole in the first place is ridiculous

Old 27-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times View Post
“Harry can’t actually fly a helicopter… He tried to pass the helicopter exam about four times and he couldn’t get through it at all so he always goes for the co-pilot.

“So he just sits there going ‘vroom vroom’.

“Backlash” apparently

Old 27-09-2017, 02:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...s-62p-per-per/

do you want me to highlight the relevant paragraphs sunshine?

Or just the f**king headline?
maybe you should read it. rising profits for the crown estates. contributed £304mio last year. she got £40mio (on which she pays tax). net contribution around £275mio, plus all the handshaking stuff. and still you complain?

of course if you think all property is theft and all of history is about exploitation, you will make stupid comments (see above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
Put him on ignore. Makes the forum experience much better. Like fixing a leaky tap
I wish you'd put me on ignore instead of asking stupid and repetitive questions.

speaking of which.... did throb get abducted by aliens?

Old 27-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
maybe you should read it. rising profits for the crown estates. contributed £304mio last year. she got £40mio (on which she pays tax). net contribution around £275mio, plus all the handshaking stuff. and still you complain?

of course if you think all property is theft and all of history is about exploitation, you will make stupid comments (see above).

And where do those lands come from? Come on, I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Maybe even without your patronising, condescending and inaccurate snides :-)

The 15% is a bad and unecessary joke, money that they have no real legal or moral right to.

But yeah, tourism

Old 27-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times View Post
“Harry can’t actually fly a helicopter… He tried to pass the helicopter exam about four times and he couldn’t get through it at all so he always goes for the co-pilot.

“So he just sits there going ‘vroom vroom’.”

“Backlash” apparently
Exclusive footage....

Old 27-09-2017, 03:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
And where do those lands come from?
*sigh*

in your mind, stolen or cunningly finagled from hard-working northern folk.

they do have a legal right, agreed with the representatives of the people. things have changed for the better. your approach might be described as flushing the baby out with the bath water. all very silly. no doubt, we'd just replace the old c***s with someone "more deserving". you won't get a faster car or a bigger dick out of it.

honestly, I don't just sit here whining about my better claim to the throne, do I? much.

Old 27-09-2017, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

The rumours about Phil the Greek have been doing the rounds since at least the 1960s, so the fake outrage over that is even more ridiculous.