United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 25-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
Ergo they targeted their victims on the basis of race. That wasn't so hard but we got there eventually. Thanks for playing.
I never said they didn't, I only said the girls that were targeted, were much more vulnerable because of their socio-economic backgrounds, something which the reports into the case seem to suggest as well.

Quote:
Yet another report - this time a Serious Case Review published in 2013 - concluded that the authorities 'struggled to empathise' with the girls, partly because they were from 'poor backgrounds', giving them a 'skewed picture of their behaviour'. The report added that professionals repeatedly said the victims had it 'in their power' to stop the abuse 'suggesting this was something they could choose not to do'.

It’s actually worth reading the following paragraphs taken directly from the report to fully grasp the point being made:

“The concept of ‘lifestyle’ is likely to have been used as shorthand for a range of behaviours - sexual activity, alcohol and drug use, friendships seen to be negative, early teenage pregnancy.

"Whilst it was often legitimate for professionals to be concerned about the impact of some of these behaviours both on the young people and on their children, by summarising them as ‘lifestyle’ with its implications of free choice and the potential for moral judgement, they betrayed and reinforced the concept that the young people had the freedom to make meaningful choices about the way they could live their lives.

"Given their economic, social and family backgrounds and the corrosive effect on the self of sexual exploitation this was fundamentally misconceived. In the words of one girl’s father - 'it’s what they expected of our children'."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-case-13051982
They were easy targets, because they were from poor, chaotic backgrounds, the nonces weren't targeting girls from middle class, or wealthy backgrounds, they were targeting poor girls, that are treated like shit from the top, to the bottom of society.

Old 25-09-2017, 11:44 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I never said they didn't, I only said the girls that were targeted, were much more vulnerable because of their socio-economic backgrounds, something which the reports into the case seem to suggest as well.

They were easy targets, because they were from poor, chaotic backgrounds, the nonces weren't targeting girls from middle class, or wealthy backgrounds, they were targeting poor girls, that are treated like shit from the top, to the bottom of society.
That must have taken some top investigating to get to the bottom of.

Old 25-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
That must have taken some top investigating to get to the bottom of.

Old 25-09-2017, 03:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Merkel is winning again and again, seems Germans know their country better than breitbart.com

Sad to see you push neo nazi propaganda about foreign rapists.

Unfortunately nazis are in the bundestag for the first time since the 2nd world war due to propaganda like this.
Actually, since the 1960s

Old 26-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Zorg

Old 26-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

The ossies having none of that foreign nonsense.

Same craic everywhere.

Old 26-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
The ossies having none of that foreign nonsense.

Same craic everywhere.
The ossies are the foreigners tbh

Old 26-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
The ossies are the foreigners tbh

They're ignorant c***s I'll give you that much.
If there's 2 things communism did was eradicate manners and breed/retain hostility to non-white immigrants.

Old 26-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Newly right wing irk fast becoming the forum's top franchise imo
word. and i'm loving it, tbh.

it's the best transformation since bruce/caitlyn jenner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Because the fear over being accused of being racist allowed the situation to persist for as long as it did. And the fact that the grooming and rape was inherently racist. It was a racist crime protected from prosecution by anti- racist propoganda. It's a perfect example which highlights the issue and it was right on my doorstep - that's why I mentioned it.

my name is asif