United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 19-09-2017, 09:27 AM
irk

There's a blockage in the bath waste, probably caused by soap build up. Run a bath, fill it to the brim, and put a hair dryer directly over the plug hole making sure it's under the water line.

Old 19-09-2017, 10:05 AM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Zeere-a's a bluckege-a in zee bet veste-a, prubebly coosed by suep booeeld up. Roon a bet, feell it tu zee breem, und poot a heur dryer durectly oofer zee ploog hule-a mekeeng soore-a it's under zee veter leene-a.

Old 19-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Spock

1 sensible reply in 10. not bad for here

Old 19-09-2017, 10:22 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Check radiators. One may have a leak. Bleed them and give it another spin. It's a process of elimination, a shite one at that but it may save you a few quid.

Have you checked the pressure of the boiler?
The radiator and hot water sides of the system should be totally isolated.

Old 19-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
The radiator and hot water sides of the system should be totally isolated.
This.

Stick them both out into your back garden.

Old 19-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Bath hot tap just stopped working, it's an old dual mixer job, cold is fine. Weirdly if I run the hot water in the sink the hot water starts in the bath but then stops again when I turn the sink off

The fact this happens leads me to think it's some sort of pressure problem rather than the actual tap

Any suggestions?
it's interesting that the hot water flows from your mixer when the hot water pressure is lower (sink tap open). I would suspect something loose in the mixer. Shut off the hot and cold feed to the bathroom, turn on both hot and cold taps to release all water pressure, then take the mixer off the pipes and have a look inside. It might be just a loose washer. It costs nothing to look.

Do you live in a hard water area ?

Old 19-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
it's interesting that the hot water flows from your mixer when the hot water pressure is lower (sink tap open). I would suspect something loose in the mixer. Shut off the hot and cold feed to the bathroom, turn on both hot and cold taps to release all water pressure, then take the mixer off the pipes and have a look inside. It might be just a loose washer. It costs nothing to look.

Do you live in a hard water area ?
Cheers Albert, will give that a go. And Jethro, bled the rads anyway, there was air in the system.

Old 19-09-2017, 03:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
1 sensible reply in 10. not bad for here
I make it two tbf