United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 09-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Harri Jaffa

Talking

VVLGBT?

Old 09-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Cream

My transition to vegetarian has been a piece of piss, and enjoyable.

Reckon the vegan transition will be even easier.

Already have the chest for the transexual thing so we'll see how it goes.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
My transition to vegetarian has been a piece of piss, and enjoyable.

Reckon the vegan transition will be even easier.

Already have the chest for the transexual thing so we'll see how it goes.
It's a lot harder the transition to vegan fwiw, or at least it was for me. Actually the hardest thing was giving up fish Scallops, mussels, nice bit of rare tuna, South Indian fish curry type thing I ate that as much as any other meal for a while. Sounds weird because they are opposites but using loads of citrus fruits* helped

*ffs yes yes carbon footprint or something...

Old 09-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
It's a lot harder the transition to vegan fwiw, or at least it was for me. Actually the hardest thing was giving up fish Scallops, mussels, nice bit of rare tuna, South Indian fish curry type thing I ate that as much as any other meal for a while. Sounds weird because they are opposites but using loads of citrus fruits* helped

Vegetarians don't eat fish, you crank.

Not found it hard at all. Don't really like meat. I wonder if Bunks actually does, or whether he's just used to eating it.

Doing my first vegan Tesco shop now. Really, really need to start concentrating on recipes rather than buying their processed frozen gear.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Not found it hard at all. Don't really like meat. I wonder if Bunks actually does, or whether he's just used to eating it.

Doing my first vegan Tesco shop now. Really, really need to start concentrating on recipes rather than buying their processed frozen gear.
My post wasn't very chronological. Gave up meat, but not fish for ages before giving up fish and went vegan

Avoid the processed stuff completely. Cheaper, especially if you make stuff in bulk and freeze it and loads better for you obv ffs

Old 09-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
My post wasn't very chronological. Gave up meat, but not fish for ages before giving up fish and went vegan

Avoid the processed stuff completely. Cheaper, especially if you make stuff in bulk and freeze it and loads better for you obv ffs
As I suspected...

'It's a lot harder the transition to vegan fwiw'

Old 09-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Spock

Quote:

Sorry Harri, you may have mentioned it but why did you go vegan as opposed to pescatarian, cos of bad things in fish ie pollutants etc or because you don't agree in killing any animal for food?

Could murder a fish curry actually :drool:

Old 09-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Sorry Harri, you may have mentioned it but why did you go vegan as opposed to pescatarian, cos of bad things in fish ie pollutants etc or because you don't agree in killing any animal for food?

Could murder a fish curry actually :drool:
Certainly not for health reasons, fish isn't bad for you and I love fish to eat more than anything in the world. I also make the best fish curry I've eaten.

Ethical reasons. We are f***ing up the seas through over fishing. Most of the planet is covered in water. I think it's just less obvious because we can't see the damage so easily

Old 09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Why are you namechecking me

I wouldn't be seen dead in tescos anyway....

Really helping the planet shopping at a major supermarket aren't you

Old 09-09-2017, 01:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why is dairy bad for us ?
Aren't we "naturally" lactose intolerant?

And quite a few people still are, including the majority in some places like China.