United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 09-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Harri Jaffa

It's a very interesting article. But it doesn't matter how we evolved (we are still evolving). We have enough technology to produce quickly available and 'easy to chew' (I'm not sure if that gives a full explanation of energy consumption?) food.

It's about where we go next. We know that eating lots of animal and animal products (especially dairy):

- Isnt very good for us.
- Is a major factor (if not the major factor) in f***ing up the planet.

We are still evolving. I'd guess that most of us like the planet we live on and most of us want our future generations to live happy healthy lives

Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Bunker Buster

Why is diary bad for us ?

Old 09-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
It's a very interesting article. But it doesn't matter how we evolved (we are still evolving). We have enough technology to produce quickly available and 'easy to chew' (I'm not sure if that gives a full explanation of energy consumption?) food.

It's about where we go next. We know that eating lots of animal and animal products (especially dairy):

- Isnt very good for us.
- Is a major factor (if not the major factor) in f***ing up the planet.

We are still evolving. I'd guess that most of us like the planet we live on and most of us want our future generations to live happy healthy lives
My eldest & his GF have turned vegan. For health reasons (they're both into their fitness), for ethical reasons over the treatment of animals & also for the reason you've mentioned - it's just not viable for the future.

Although I agree with them on the last two points, I just f***ing love meat & cheese too much.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:39 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
What about eggs ?
I like scrambled eggs, but only after roast chicken

Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Remember it's not just health of the human, but that dairy production is damaging the planet.

Anyway

Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 AM
no fun

Quote:
It takes time to write up and it reminds you of how boring the past week has been

Old 09-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
My eldest & his GF have turned vegan. For health reasons (they're both into their fitness), for ethical reasons over the treatment of animals & also for the reason you've mentioned - it's just not viable for the future.

Although I agree with them on the last two points, I just f***ing love meat & cheese too much.
Animal fats produce a chemical that's addictive so that's not that surprising tbh. It's s tough one but it's a choice

Old 09-09-2017, 10:52 AM
doudou

I'm not sure you can say with any degree of certainty that eating dairy is bad for us, as long as you have a varied diet. Limiting your food consumption to an arbitrarily prescribed list of foods seems unwise to me...
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317993.php

You just can't say that one food group is "good" and another "bad" --nutrition doesn't work like that. Sure eating a kilo of cheese a day is a bad idea, but surely a bit from time to time won't kill you.

But I agree 100% that industrial dairy farms are a disaster for the planet....

PS I skimmed (ho ho) Harry's post and overlooked the fact he said having a lot of dairy was bad, sorry, as u were. I'm just so f***ing sick of Daily Maily articles telling us what will\won't give us cancer.....

Last edited by doudou; 09-09-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:53 AM
believe

Anyone know the ratio of vegans to transgender?

Old 09-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Anyone know the ratio of vegans to transgender?
74% are vegan / vegetarian 'friendly'