United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Old 26-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Don't you have a cat? Do birds and mice not matter? What about the rabbits and rats farmers kill to grow the crops you eat?
Hey, you do what you can.

And when the chlorine washed Brexit chicken hits the supermarket aisles. Eeesh. Vegi might well become the healthy diet we need!

The supermarket meat and fish I was eating contained sea fleas and everything.

Anyway. Slaughter your own livestock, hunt your prey, it's all good by me.

Old 26-11-2017, 01:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Don't you have a cat? Do birds and mice not matter? What about the rabbits and rats farmers kill to grow the crops you eat?
I don't impose my morality on the rodent liaison officer. what kind of corbyn does that?

to be fair, we do insist that the head of security and guest relations doesn't eat the rodent liaison officer. so we are doing our bit.

as luck would have it, there was half a mouse at the bottom of the stairs this morning. I didn't blame myself for its demise. it's not in her job description and we find her interviewing technique a bit more than enthusiastic. I gave a her verbal warning under our disciplinary procedure (whispered "bad cat" whilst I stroked her ears, anyway.)

I see that simply killing ourselves and leaving the planet to the insects isn't enough now, because the natural order of predators and things lower down the food chain (my god, whoever came up with that term was some f***ing nazi) is still cruel. when we kill ourselves, we obviously need to take everything other than snails (powelliphanta excluded, the bastards) and caterpillars with us.

the idea that, if you can't save everyone and everything, you are some kind of hypocrite is a tiny bit of an unreasonable hurdle, wouldn't you say? the kind of excuse that someone would use for having a sunday roast or murdering children. "what I could I do? bless their little cotton socks. blaow! how do like me now?" *licks lips*

Old 26-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't impose my morality on the rodent liaison officer. what kind of corbyn does that?

to be fair, we do insist that the head of security and guest relations doesn't eat the rodent liaison officer. so we are doing our bit.

as luck would have it, there was half a mouse at the bottom of the stairs this morning. I didn't blame myself for its demise. it's not in her job description and we find her interviewing technique a bit more than enthusiastic. I gave a her verbal warning under our disciplinary procedure (whispered "bad cat" whilst I stroked her ears, anyway.)

I see that simply killing ourselves and leaving the planet to the insects isn't enough now, because the natural order of predators and things lower down the food chain (my god, whoever came up with that term was some f***ing nazi) is still cruel. when we kill ourselves, we obviously need to take everything other than snails (powelliphanta excluded, the bastards) and caterpillars with us.

the idea that, if you can't save everyone and everything, you are some kind of hypocrite is a tiny bit of an unreasonable hurdle, wouldn't you say? the kind of excuse that someone would use for having a sunday roast or murdering children. "what I could I do? bless their little cotton socks. blaow! how do like me now?" *licks lips*

Old 26-11-2017, 09:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
What about those nasty f***ing vegans eat the poor rabbits’ food? Bunch of selfish c***s should eat meat, otherwise they wouldn’t make animals out of it.