United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 08-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
im doing well... split squats were a struggle but they always f**king are...

i wasn't waking up till 8am recently and it doesnt start the day well at all. im much more productive...
Agreed.

Simple maths aswell. You're up for longer!

Something about being up and productive before 9am too. Most of the world is still waking up and you can get a lot of shit done.

On a similar note, I've started writing a detailed to do list. Blocking as frequently as 10 minutes. Such a simple thing to do, but it's made me waaaay more productive. The amount of time you can just piss away on social (yes, I'm aware!...) is remarkable.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Coracao

Don't mind lifting weights early doors, but hate running that early (I.E. before 7am).

A standard gym session at work would be at 0830 four days a week.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:00 PM
AK14

Always up early for some sort of exercise whether it be running, gym, walk or swim

Will train fasted on days I run (anything under 10k) or hiit sessions at the gym but usually have a banana and possibly a protein shake of some sort before heavy lifting/strength training or longer runs

Also enjoy early afternoon sessions though, so did start doing two sessions a day (run in the morning and gym in the afternoon). Will probably go back to that after my holiday.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Fat Al

Used to do nearly all my exercise early morning.
Gym at 6.30am Mon-Fri
14 mile bike ride 7.30-8.00am start Sat & Sun.
Would do my walks in the afternoon tho.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
There is evidence fasted morning exercise is beneficial and on the very rare occasions i've got myself out of bed to do it i've loved it.
this, but i just cba getting up early enough to fit it in.

i'm hoping that will change though because i'm planning on converting the garage into a basic gym.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Who else is an advocate of this? I've switched my strength and conditoning sessions to 7am now... up at 6am.. home by 8am.. ready to start the working day.

I don't think Ill go back now. Sleeping better than I have in ages and feel rejuvenated. 200kg prowler pushes at 7:10am... on half a banana
Does that not mash it into the gym floor?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't mind lifting weights early doors, but hate running that early (I.E. before 7am).

A standard gym session at work would be at 0830 four days a week.
Yeah, my morning runs were abysmal. Very frustrating.

Used to love running after midnight.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:41 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Midnight being your nickname for your Gay African lover.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:07 PM
red in cumbria

What was that about the Midnight Rambler again?

Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post

Can't go out after 1930 either tbf ! Destroys my chances of sleeping