United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 AM
silv

Default Morning exercise

Who else is an advocate of this? I've switched my strength and conditoning sessions to 7am now... up at 6am.. home by 8am.. ready to start the working day.

I don't think Ill go back now. Sleeping better than I have in ages and feel rejuvenated. 200kg prowler pushes at 7:10am... on half a banana

Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM
dunk

Should do, but hate mornings in general. Daughter swims at 5am twice a week for 2 hours and 5 times a week at 6pm for 2hrs, she prefers the mornings by miles.

On the few occasions I have managed to train early I've enjoyed it and find it does set you up for the day, and I even prefer to ride my bike to work for this reason, but dragging myself up and out to go to the gym I find damn near impossible

Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Should do, but hate mornings in general. Daughter swims at 5am twice a week for 2 hours and 5 times a week at 6pm for 2hrs, she prefers the mornings by miles.

On the few occasions I have managed to train early I've enjoyed it and find it does set you up for the day, and I even prefer to ride my bike to work for this reason, but dragging myself up and out to go to the gym I find damn near impossible
get yourself a trainer with sessions booked in, then you cant f*** about sleeping in!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
get yourself a trainer with sessions booked in, then you cant f*** about sleeping in!
You'd be surprised!

I even like getting up early, love it at 6am when everywhere is quiet etc. probably goes back to the early paper rounds and milk delivering of my youth, absolutely detest waking up though.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:55 AM
tatty

There is evidence fasted morning exercise is beneficial and on the very rare occasions i've got myself out of bed to do it i've loved it.

95% of my sessions are mid-afternoon or evening.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:57 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
There is evidence fasted morning exercise is beneficial and on the very rare occasions i've got myself out of bed to do it i've loved it.

95% of my sessions are mid-afternoon or evening.
this is my life now.

three 07:00 sessions a week... certainly keeps you honest during the week.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Parlabane

Always have trained in the morning - no excuses other than
"I'm tired" once I'm up I'm fine, get to the gym where it is generally quiet get what I'm doing done and then off to work.

I've tried going after work but have too many excuses - I'm tired, I've had a bad day at work, can't be arsed fancy a pint instead etc etc also the gym is rammed full of dickheads sat chatting to their mates hogging the weights / machines.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Billy Redface

Personal preference. Some like it to charge them for the day. Some like the evening buffer between work and home.

Personally, I don't like mornings, but I get up early and go for a brisk walk, as I like to start the day with something energetic and something entirely for me.

And it sets me up for the day.

I can't train intensely that early though. Output much lower. 11am my optimal time.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Sparky***

7:30 for me usually. definitely helps maintain consistent energy levels throughout the day.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:46 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Personal preference. Some like it to charge them for the day. Some like the evening buffer between work and home.

Personally, I don't like mornings, but I get up early and go for a brisk walk, as I like to start the day with something energetic and something entirely for me.

And it sets me up for the day.

I can't train intensely that early though. Output much lower. 11am my optimal time.
im doing well... split squats were a struggle but they always f***ing are...

i wasn't waking up till 8am recently and it doesnt start the day well at all. im much more productive...