United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 05-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Poop

Quote:
At Stop the Arms Fair we have a safer spaces policy for our meetings and events:

Police are not welcome in this space at any time. Journalists should identify themselves and be prepared to leave if it is not appropriate for them to observe discussions.

We welcome everyone who enters this space with the aim of stopping the arms fair as an equal participant in our movement. We believe each of us has something to contribute and something to learn. We are a collective based on trust, respect, and taking responsibility for our actions.

We consider any behaviour which demeans, marginalises, threatens or harms anybody as oppression, and we commit to challenging it.

Everyone has an equal right to be heard and an equal responsibility to listen.

We do not tolerate violence, intimidation, harassment or unwanted sexual contact. Anyone responsible for such actions will be excluded.

We will challenge any oppressive behaviour or language, regardless of intention (e.g. telling an oppressive joke, using unspoken privilege to interrupt someone).

Providing a safe and welcoming space is everybody’s responsibility, it is not only the duty of those subject to oppression to challenge that oppression. We ask all participants to challenge attitudes and behaviours in a way that is responsible and constructive.

Be aware of the range of different identities (genders/races/classes/sexualities/abilities) that people may identify with, and avoid making generalisations or assumptions about people. Please be aware that this is also a trans friendly space. Do not assume use of pronouns. Ask people what names they want to be known by.

Identify your own privileges (e.g. class, gender) and actively challenge and work against them (e.g. if you identify as a man and notice that men are dominating a conversation, actively make space for people of other genders to make themselves heard).

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the organisers.
Yeah, could you all do the world a favour and blow your f***ing brains out please?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Yeah, could you all do the world a favour and blow your f***ing brains out please?
surely that's off the daily mash or something

Old 05-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Identify your own privileges (e.g. class, gender) and actively challenge and work against them (e.g. if you identify as a man and notice that men are dominating a conversation, actively make space for people of other genders to make themselves heard).

Can't we just shout anti weapon slogans lads ?

Even protesting has rules and modus operandi...

Hope they all are 7.62'd

Old 05-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX View Post
I had the opportunity to represent one of the main arm's distributors of the crazy Wild post-Commie Eastern Bloc, in the early 90s. Lord of War type scenario (in fact, one of the guys that worked with the group, is said to have inspired the film). Gave it some serious thought for a few days, could have made a fortune, but my conscience got the better of me. Don't think I regret it: imagine having millions in the bank and then watching the news to know that you'd got the cash by aiding in the death and destruction of innocents.
My dream job tbh

Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Can't we just shout anti weapon slogans lads ?

Even protesting has rules and modus operandi...

Hope they all are 7.62'd
These lot would actually be pissed right off if there wasn't an arms fair while I respect your right to protest, all protest must comply with the following rules: etc

Is it any wonder irk joined the bnp

Old 05-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post
These lot would actually be pissed right off if there wasn't an arms fair while I respect your right to protest, all protest must comply with the following rules: etc

I'm erring to the Irk side, no wonder he went all Holburn

Old 05-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

just got back.

Bought some grenades and a surface to air missile launcher.

WOOO.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post

Woah! WTF lads?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 PM
20 times

Pew pew

Old 05-09-2017, 07:25 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post

Woah! WTF lads?
has your hair grown back yet?