United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:07 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Didn't hear it nor did it particularly bother me but apparently he kept referring to Chelsea as "us"
Not arsed if he doesn't want us to win/supports someone else etc but he really seems to have developed a hatred for us since he left

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
For anyone who ever seen Hughes play, he was very highly rated. He was my hero as a kid and scored some of our greatest ever goals. Was massively disappointed with him once he left though and he has tainted whatever memories I had of him.
Was an obnoxious #@&%! around town, miserable welsh @#%&!, no wonder no one liked him. hope he dies

Unread 03-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
found it quite interesting if i'm honest

loved andrei, probably my favourite player as a kid. not much variety to his game but his combination of sheer pace and directness was thrilling. shame his best season probably coincided with our worst in the mid-'90s period.

looks like he plays darts these days.

That's Robert De Niro pal.

Unread 03-09-2017, 11:08 PM
The taste of...

Loved Lesley's M.O. So simple and effective

Act like a fanny and let the center half kick £#%&! off him until they got a yellow.

Then beast the bastards

Score volley

Unread 05-09-2017, 11:33 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Didn't hear it nor did it particularly bother me but apparently he kept referring to Chelsea as "us"
Childhood Chelsea fan wasn't he?

Unread 05-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Not arsed if he doesn't want us to win/supports someone else etc but he really seems to have developed a hatred for us since he left
Surely a Fergie hatred thing rather than United. That may or may not have sourced him on United as a club.

Let's face it, if we were pros and were exposed to the practices of the people running the clubs, we'd treat it a business too. Most of the players and past players playing up the love of the club aspect are full of shit to make a living.

Unread 05-09-2017, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Childhood Chelsea fan wasn't he?
Yeah and nobody begrudges him that, OGS supported THEM as a kid but he isn't a mard arsed @#%&! about us now.

Unread 05-09-2017, 03:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Still my all time favourite player, no one could handle his pace and rocket of a shot, remember being on holiday and reading the back pages of the papers in disbelief that he was going.... was genuinely upset for the rest of the day

something I seem to have forgot, scored some crackers

Unread 06-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Sweet FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Was an obnoxious #@&%! around town, miserable welsh c***, no wonder no one liked him. hope he dies
Hughes was/is a Utd hero , the red dragon of Wales ,he was miserable because there are far too many Englishmen in England and thats going backwards for a Welshman , fairplay the government are trying to rectify the problem by allowing any Tom,Dick or Harry ,immigrant to join your community ,Sparky would be much happier these days.

Unread 06-09-2017, 06:59 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
Hughes was/is a Utd hero , the red dragon of Wales ,he was miserable because there are far too many Englishmen in England and thats going backwards for a Welshman , fairplay the government are trying to rectify the problem by allowing any Tom,Dick or Harry ,immigrant to join your community ,Sparky would be much happier these days.

Unread 06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Walrus

Always love seeing footage from the kanchelskis time.

We were so fast direct powerful etc. Loved the crossing, what's happened to crossing these days?

Wish we ripped teams apart like that still.

Great days.

Unread 06-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus
Always love seeing footage from the kanchelskis time.

We were so fast direct powerful etc. Loved the crossing, what's happened to crossing these days?

Wish we ripped teams apart like that still.

Great days.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40841358

Unread 06-09-2017, 10:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
One swallow does not a summer maketh etc etc. But yeah, it was good.

Unread 07-09-2017, 02:32 AM
The Stella Fella

Loved andrei. Absolute rocket.

Unread 07-09-2017, 02:41 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA

Unread 07-09-2017, 05:10 AM
browser

That video is a joke!

Right foot /left foot/headers, rapid, strong, accurate crosses and a canon of a shot. Those volleys ffs.

He'd be perfect in our current 11.

Imagine how much he'd be worth today!

Unread 07-09-2017, 12:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
That video is a joke!

Right foot /left foot/headers, rapid, strong, accurate crosses and a canon of a shot. Those volleys ffs.

He'd be perfect in our current 11.

Imagine how much he'd be worth today!
Half a shandy, a scotch egg and a bit of string seeing as he's now Rab C Nesbitt's doppleganger.

Unread 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yep - think both Ince and Hughes knew they were going. Ince definitely played like he wasn't interested. Not his style. Threw a trophy away there. Everton probably saw it as revenge for '85.
Did Ince win another trophy? £#%&!ing stupid decision to chuck in an FA Cup Final and then not win another pot in his career

Unread 07-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did Ince win another trophy? £#%&!ing stupid decision to chuck in an FA Cup Final and then not win another pot in his career
Probably the hearts of all the scouse #@&%!s in 1999 with that utter %@#$&!ated celebration. It achieved nothing

He won the championship play off in 2003. What a hero.

Unread 08-12-2017, 03:38 AM
Chris Quayd

“I was sharing a room with a French defender, Laurent Charvet, and we went over to Steve Howey’s room to ask if he wanted to come with us to get something to eat,” Kanchelskis wrote. “Howey was lying on his bed watching television and all around him he had bottles of beer. ‘Do you want to come for some food?’ I asked him. Steve pointed to one bottle. ‘That’s my breakfast.’ Then he pointed to another. ‘That’s my lunch, and that bottle over there; that’s my dinner.’ Laurent and I went to find a restaurant and at around eight o’clock we came back and looked in on Steve. He was still lying on his bed. He hadn’t moved; he had just called room service and all around him was a mass of empty beer bottles.”

Kanchelskis believes United and City were poles apart as clubs then. “I knew Joe very well from Everton – nice guy, nice coach, and like any small club, the fans at City were great,” he recalled. “We would play very badly and still the fans wouldn’t criticise. It was, ‘Okay, okay lads’. It was very strange for me. We were bottom of the league and in the international break we went to Marbella! Bottom of the league and we go to Marbella! Smoking, drink, celebrate! Mamma mia! I don’t know why we went. Don’t ask me why. It was terrible and I was surprised. It wasn’t professional. It was bad management. The team needed more concentration, more training, more tactics. But that was City at that time…”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...pep-guardiola/