United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Old 30-08-2017, 06:20 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA View Post
Kanchelskis was a fantastic player , it's still unbelievable that he left at the peak of his powers ,and never recaptured the magic he produced for Utd ,the biggest mistake i have seen by a player . whoever influenced him leaving and i think it was forced ,should hang their heads in shame.
I'm hearing the Russian mafia shed tears at his plight.

Old 30-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Saw this in the Guardian & thought Switchers'll be onto this

f***ing dynamite, Kan Kan. Shame how it turned out, especially that cup final vs toffees. No show.

Old 30-08-2017, 10:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Saw this in the Guardian & thought Switchers'll be onto this

f***ing dynamite, Kan Kan. Shame how it turned out, especially that cup final vs toffees. No show.
That was true of most of the team tbf.

Old 31-08-2017, 04:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
That was true of most of the team tbf.
Yep - think both Ince and Hughes knew they were going. Ince definitely played like he wasn't interested. Not his style. Threw a trophy away there. Everton probably saw it as revenge for '85.

Old 31-08-2017, 10:17 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Yep - think both Ince and Hughes knew they were going. Ince definitely played like he wasn't interested. Not his style. Threw a trophy away there. Everton probably saw it as revenge for '85.

I always found the Hughes move at the end of a season a strange one to be honest. I remember being at OT for the Leeds cup game in 1995 and they announced before the game that he had just signed a new contract. It was his first game back after injury too if I recall.

Old 31-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Parlabane

Still my all time favourite player, no one could handle his pace and rocket of a shot, remember being on holiday and reading the back pages of the papers in disbelief that he was going.... was genuinely upset for the rest of the day

Old 31-08-2017, 11:42 AM
utd99

Classic Parla's.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof View Post
I always found the Hughes move at the end of a season a strange one to be honest. I remember being at OT for the Leeds cup game in 1995 and they announced before the game that he had just signed a new contract. It was his first game back after injury too if I recall.
Something happened with Sparky. Just thought the club dragged their feet and he got the hump. Been bitter as f*** since he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
Still my all time favourite player, no one could handle his pace and rocket of a shot, remember being on holiday and reading the back pages of the papers in disbelief that he was going.... was genuinely upset for the rest of the day
Same. Gutted.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:13 PM
red in cumbria

Never realised quite how bitter he was about us until Moscow

Old 03-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof View Post
Scored a quality header in that game too I recall.