United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gamblers Anonymous

Old 28-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Are you sure Wez? I know some countries use 1 for a home win, 2 for away and X for a draw.
not according to that link?

The 1X2 stands for the three outcomes possible in a game. The 1 is for an away team win, the X for a draw and the 2 for a home team win. The 1X2 markets do not provide any form of handicap, but instead the odds shown indicate the chances of each outcome occurring.

I'm confused now was the tip a a draw or not?

Old 28-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock

The 1X2 stands for the three outcomes possible in a game. The 1 is for an away team win, the X for a draw and the 2 for a home team win. The 1X2 markets do not provide any form of handicap, but instead the odds shown indicate the chances of each outcome occurring.

Maybe I've read the tip wrong and still won

Scenes.....

Old 28-08-2017, 09:31 AM
BarryX

Quote:

Ha - must've been a typo. 1 is definitely a home win, x is a draw and 2 is away win. Look at the example they give with Barcelona and City (where Barca are clearly the home team and have a 1 above them). Do a Google on 1x2 betting - there are loads of other examples (eg: http://www.wincomparator.com/en-gb/s...1-x-2-bet.html). Even makes sense to have them in that order, of course - maybe it was a Malayasian, non-native English speaker who wrote that website

As for the original tip, in the cold light of day (and with all the love in the world for my mate Wezley) I would put down real money on it being away team ahead at half time and away team winning at full time. If the insider knowledge was 2-2 then the odds, as Wez points out, would have been huge.

Last edited by BarryX; 28-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Old 28-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Ha - must've been a typo. 1 is definitely a home win, x is a draw and 2 is away win. Look at the example they give with Barcelona and City (where Barca are clearly the home team and have a 1 above them). Do a Google on 1x2 betting - there are loads of other examples (eg: http://www.wincomparator.com/en-gb/s...1-x-2-bet.html). Even makes sense to have them in that order, of course - maybe it was a Malayasian, non-native English speaker who wrote that website

As for the original tip, in the cold light of day (and with all the love in the world for my mate Wezley) I would put down real money on it being away team ahead at half time and away team winning at full time. If the insider knowledge was 2-2 then the odds, as Wez points out, would have been huge.
true pal I stuck a tenner on the draw anyway

Old 28-08-2017, 09:43 AM
BarryX

Quote:
true pal I stuck a tenner on the draw anyway
Lucky sod (I guess)