United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 21-08-2017, 07:29 PM
taff

there is undoubtedly something in the inscrutable cockney character that gives rise to such malicious behaviour.

would like to know the forum's thoughts on this.

Old 21-08-2017, 07:32 PM
est.1878

Relieved this wasnt a thread about a new metal album tbh

Old 21-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
A lot of it is gang related. Retaliations etc, settling scores.

They don't tend to use it on people unless they're trying to rob your bike or scooter.

It's a great weapon though for criminals. Not illegal to carry and they can even go out with a bottle of water and pretend it's acid, people won't ask questions they'll just hand over what they've got.

Something needs to be done but unfortunately our government is busy shutting police stations and cost cutting.
Hmm. Neither is a screwdriver if you're on the way to work, as a carpenter or summat.

Surely Scrotey McRoadman (still have no idea what that means) would be hauled in for carrying a bokkle of acid.

Old 21-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Throw

Gotta have big balls to live in Vibrante. Not everyone can handle it.

Old 21-08-2017, 07:59 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...iolent-attacks

balls like this just exacerbates the problem. It provides a ready abdication of the responsibility for the decision to throw acid in someone's face. It's as if they're being told that couldn't possibly know it was wrong without being told by someone paid by the state.

"How was I meant to not maim someone there was no outreach worker to tell me not to and that's society's fault."

All this talk of "The streets" needs to f**k off too. They make the rods for their own backs every day.
irk has definitely had some kind of daily heil/daily excess transplant, that or experimenting with chemical penis enlargement.........

Old 21-08-2017, 09:30 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post
irk has definitely had some kind of daily heil/daily excess transplant, that or experimenting with chemical penis enlargement.........
Tell me how they are just products of their environment. Poor little corks tossed on the seas of poverty to land inevitably on the shores of crime. It's not their fault, guv.

I talk to these types every day. A hard life has nothing to do with being antisocially violent. These aren't Victorian kids stealing a loaf of bread to survive. They decide to throw acid in someone's face fully cognisant of the fact it will ruin someone's life. Scumbags by any measure.

But, you know, they don't have anywhere to play ping pong and so of course they have to attack strangers. The streets innit.

Last edited by irk; 21-08-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Old 21-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Absolute cunts trick. Should be at least twenty or thirty years in jail for the fucking scrotes that do it.

Saying that I'd throw acid in Dalglish's face, nqat.
How would we tell?

Old 22-08-2017, 07:40 AM
browser

Quote:
Tell me how they are just products of their environment. Poor little corks tossed on the seas of poverty to land inevitably on the shores of crime. It's not their fault, guv.

I talk to these types every day. A hard life has nothing to do with being antisocially violent. These aren't Victorian kids stealing a loaf of bread to survive. They decide to throw acid in someone's face fully cognisant of the fact it will ruin someone's life. Scumbags by any measure.

But, you know, they don't have anywhere to play ping pong and so of course they have to attack strangers. The streets innit.
must spread rep etc...

Old 22-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

To an extent I agree that anti-social violent young people are a symptom of a much larger problem in society.

However, there has to be an element of sociopathy within an individual to enjoy the suffering of a stranger and inflict the most catastrophic injuries on them. To ruin someones life for the sheer enjoyment of it, lacking any kind of empathy, goes way beyond being a victim of your social circumstances, it makes you a psychopath.

Old 22-08-2017, 10:50 AM
silv

anyone blamed it on weed yet?