United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 21-08-2017, 08:18 AM
TheFatGoth

These are supposed to be the reasons why he picked them...

Quote:
I want to like this player, but he always gives me the 'willies'.

Eric Bailly, on his day, is a class act - a point clearly demonstrated against Swansea - but why does he give me a sense of nervous apprehension every time he plays?

I can't help feeling he's a tackle away from a red card or giving a penalty away. Against the likes of Swansea he will be fine, but it's in the big games, when it really matters, that I find myself asking the question: can he be trusted?
Quote:
Meanwhile, Newcastle have one of the best managers in the world who is having to suffer the indignation of an owner who cannot match his ambition. So can someone explain to me what's Rafael Benitez doing there?
Quote:
Pogba's header from the corner was impressive during the 4-0 win over Swansea, but why on earth did defender Federico Fernandez not just clear the rebound from the underside of the bar instead of trying to protect his goalkeeper? Lukasz Fabianski didn't need protecting, he needed a clearance.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't have mattered anyway because, without Sigurdsson, the chances of Swansea winning this fixture were so remote it wasn't even worth a bet.

Regardless, this was a Pogba performance worth noting. Apart from the ridiculous brown patch in his hair, he produced a game free of the showboating and scored a goal of real class. His yellow card was justified, but what took place thereafter was so measured and so utterly professional and selfless, it was in stark contrast to anything I had seen from the player before.

I keep hearing pundits (mostly his mates) telling me Pogba is capable of almost anything. Well, I think we are finally starting to see it. It is about time.

Old 21-08-2017, 09:04 AM
dragflick

Old 21-08-2017, 12:32 PM
sa7

Quote:
Meanwhile, Newcastle have one of the best managers in the world who is having to suffer the indignation of an owner who cannot match his ambition. So can someone explain to me what's Rafael Benitez doing there?
That's a good point tbf. If one of the world's best managers is kicking about at Newcastle then why the f**k have they let a clown like Benitez do the job?

Old 27-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
When have you seen a goalkeeper save a penalty and not move before it was taken? Never, is the answer. But that does not take anything away from the fact that Schmeichel's save from Romelu Lukaku in Leicester's 2-0 defeat at Manchester United was still top class.

Old 28-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Dave barely touched the ball and had a better game.

Old 28-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Poop

Absolute f**king retard that man.

I bet he loves fishing for shrimp.

Old 28-08-2017, 08:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Dave barely touched the ball and had a better game.
He made the mistake of not conceding by stopping the ball going in the net.

Old 28-08-2017, 09:12 AM
BarryX

So basically - cheat and prosper is the message

Old 28-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Denis Irwell

f**king Mong

Doesn't know that you are actually allowed to move. What you are not supposed to do is come out, off your line. Schmeichel came out a yard off his line.

Old 28-08-2017, 12:46 PM
TheFatGoth

This was in his reasoning for picking De Bruyne

Quote:
It was during that euphoria that I witnessed a member of the local constabulary utterly defuse a situation and calm Sergio Aguero down after he had been spoken to by a steward as though he were a child. I would like to personally thank the police officer for acting so sensibly and not imposing the 'letter of the law'.

If he had arrested the Argentine striker, I dread to think the mayhem it would have caused - carting such a high-profile player off to Bournemouth police station, as he was perfectly entitled to do according to the 'letter of the law'. Thank goodness the officer didn't exercise such bullish behaviour. Perhaps referee Mike Dean might learn a thing or two about acting in the best interests of all concerned.