United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2017, 12:08 AM
MagnificentSeven

Default do we have a better squad now than we did in 2010/11 and 2012/13?

i've been looking back on our last two title wins and thinking about this.

midfield-wise, i would definitely say so. everywhere else, i'm not sure on, although overall i'd say our current squad is a bit better than the one that won the title in 2011.

Old 14-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Crumps

Would say it's probably the best in the league in terms of depth and balance, Shaw getting back in to the swing of things and Perisic and I'm 100% behind that. Not got a clue who played for us in 2011, my brain is buggered.

Old 14-08-2017, 12:16 AM
AnthonyMartial

Central midfield now much better than either of those seasons.

2011 almost a forgotten title, maybe because of what happened at Wembley versus Barcelona but I'm sure we won 18 and drew 1 of the 19 home games and didn't lose in the first 26 or 28 league games that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Would say it's probably the best in the league in terms of depth and balance, Shaw getting back in to the swing of things and Perisic and I'm 100% behind that. Not got a clue who played for us in 2011, my brain is buggered.
Can't wait for shaw to back.

Getting similar forward movement from him to what we see from Valencia on the other side and overlapping martial/ rasshford

Old 14-08-2017, 12:25 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial

Can't wait for shaw to back.

Getting similar forward movement from him to what we see from Valencia on the other side and overlapping martial/ rasshford
Yup, having Matic there to cover which side is attacking will be another reason why Matic will be so important.

Would rather have Fellaini gone and Fabinho in to bolster our midfield and right back options too of course.

City are top heavy and have lots of similar attacking mid types. They're wasting KDB having to play him deep as there is not alternative, Toure's Old as balls and Ferds be meh.

Old 14-08-2017, 12:31 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Yup, having Matic there to cover which side is attacking will be another reason why Matic will be so important.

Would rather have Fellaini gone and Fabinho in to bolster our midfield and right back options too of course.

City are top heavy and have lots of similar attacking mid types. They're wasting KDB having to play him deep as there is not alternative, Toure's Old as balls and Ferds be meh.
De Bruyne wants to play the role mikitarayan played for us today but can't because David silver is also playing centrally and they have no real holding midfielder.

I doubt he is enjoying that role as he cant make those dynamic runs, at least not as often as he would like.

Too many chefs spoil the broth.

Old 14-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Mr_Ed

Let's review at the end of September. I think our squad is better, certainly in midfield, but the old one was so used to and so good at winning.

Time will tell obvs,

Old 14-08-2017, 07:53 AM
20 times

We need a winger by the end of this window and another midfielder and right back within the next 12 months. Once we have those, we'll have one of the best squads in Europe

Old 14-08-2017, 07:59 AM
guerreiro

Still to close to Fellaini getting picked.

Old 14-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We need a winger by the end of this window and another midfielder and right back within the next 12 months. Once we have those, we'll have one of the best squads in Europe
Perisic and Fabinho do ya?

Old 14-08-2017, 08:04 AM
20 times

Quote:
Perisic and Fabinho do ya?
Are they any good? I've never seen them play, not even YouTube clips
Closed Thread