United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 AM
20 times

Enjoying the technology aggro on this thread

Old 09-08-2017, 08:34 AM
TheFatGoth

One of the greatest gaming franchises of all time turns 30 and there's a two page thread about Spotify on Xbox

Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth View Post
One of the greatest gaming franchises of all time turns 30 and there's a two page thread about Spotify on Xbox
reel it in Hideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof View Post
This.

Play it on your phone and connect it to speakers like it should be used.

Turning on a console to play music from your tv.
I play fifa and have spotify running through the console because the mix is better... hardly an outlandish concept....

Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 AM
red red robbo

I must admit the whole idea of playing external music whilst playing a game is an odd one to me.

If the game has it's own music then it is an integral part of the game and you are missing out by replacing it with your own selection. If the games doesn't have music integral to it, e.g. FIFA, I don't want to have music playing that distracts from my immersion in the game (in other words I am bad enough at FIFA as it is without having unnecessary distractions )

Old 09-08-2017, 08:56 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
reel it in Hideo

Old 09-08-2017, 09:17 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
Is your TV not connected to your HiFi speakers in your front room

Surely no one still has separate HiFi & TV sound systems in 2017

Of course it is.

But why would I go through the hassle of playing the music through the Spotify interface on a console? Much quicker just using your phone.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof View Post
Of course it is.

But why would I go through the hassle of playing the music through the Spotify interface on a console? Much quicker just using your phone.
Ah, if your phone connects directly to the same HiFi, yes of course it is. That would have to be a fairly modern HiFi system though. For people like me who have had the same surround sound system for years, being able to play spotify via my PS4 is dead handy, especially as you can still control it via your phone.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
Ah, if your phone connects directly to the same HiFi, yes of course it is. That would have to be a fairly modern HiFi system though. For people like me who have had the same surround sound system for years, being able to play spotify via my PS4 is dead handy, especially as you can still control it via your phone.
also my cable box goes through my xbox so i turn on my xbox anyway, its a nice feature to have.

Spotfiy want to be everywhere so it makes sense against apple and tidal

Old 09-08-2017, 10:39 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
also my cable box goes through my xbox so i turn on my xbox anyway, its a nice feature to have.

Spotfiy want to be everywhere so it makes sense against apple and tidal
It is, I just wonder what took M/S so long to support it. It's not like they have their own music streaming service anymore is it

EDIT: I've just checked and they do

Somebody in the marketing department needs sacking

Old 09-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Sapien

It's almost as if the Sonos soundbar was never invented