United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 25-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
The education of the population of the country is about the most important thing there is.
Education, education, education

Doesn't seem to have quite worked out as he wanted

Old 25-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
Says the bloke who failed his Excel basic training.
the tory lies again. i for one am shocked.

Old 25-07-2017, 08:15 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Education, education, education

Doesn't seem to have quite worked out as he wanted
You think? I'd say it's turned out exactly the way he wanted, the lying, thieving, murdering c***

Old 25-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
The education of the population of the country is about the most important thing there is.
It's one of.....

And is this debate (the specific tuition labour one, not This thread ) helping ?

She said he said they said...

Talk about politics being inclusive..

Old 25-07-2017, 08:22 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
It's one of.....

And is this debate (the specific tuition labour one, not This thread ) helping ?

It's hard to do any of the other important stuff without an educated populace.

Do any bloody political "debates" in this country ever help? Everything is dumbed down to make good soundbites rather than actually be informative.

Old 25-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It's hard to do any of the other important stuff without an educated populace.

Do any bloody political "debates" in this country ever help? Everything is dumbed down to make good soundbites rather than actually be informative.
But this "JEREMY SAID HE'D SCRAP EVERYONES fees"

This is one of the worst subjects I've ever read about for the last few days....spoke to a fair few people and it's a tiresome f***ing fork nobody picked.
These aren't sound bites they are political strings to make folk dance..
Be some more little titbits next week though for bloggers to feed on.

It just depresses me if I'm honest....I crave a revolution.

Burn stuff

Old 25-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's one of.....

it's not really a debate though.

the tories, courtesy presumably of robbie gibe, have decided to invent a labour policy and then express faux outrage at it apparently being broken (even though it wasn't a policy and l;about isn't even in power anyway).

they have repeated this nonsense on all platforms and in the HoC, not just on the back benches but even at the dispatch box a number of times.

they have then f***ed off for summer recess while their media accelerates the attack and gets ever bolder with its placement and coverage.

this even led to the host of the bbc flagship political programme, the one robbie gibb was in control of until the other week, via its ridiculous host andrew marr, actually telling corbyn to his face that he had broken a 'promise' - despite corbyn calmly pointing out to him that it was not even a policy, never mind a promise.

over the last few days the attack has continued and even been taken up another notch. with the evening standard, the tory on lbc and fawkes all pedalling utter crap about what's actually been said - despite themselves showing the actual video footage that proves they're f***ing lying. ycnmiu.

what labour have said has not changed one bit. they've just had to repeat it a few times. the tory position has been completely destroyed on social media.

Old 25-07-2017, 08:33 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
But this "JEREMY SAID HE'D SCRAP EVERYONES fees"

This is one of the worst subjects I've ever read about for the last few days....spoke to a fair few people and it's a tiresome f**king fork nobody picked.
These aren't sound bites they are political strings to make folk dance..
Be some more little titbits next week though for bloggers to feed on.

It just depresses me if I'm honest....I crave a revolution.

Burn stuff
Too many people feel they've got too much to lose, me and you included probably

Old 25-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
NHS desperately short of staff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40715955

Can someone explain why a government that wants market forces to drive everything does not allow wages to rise in order to fill the shortfall?

Also, scrapping the student nurse bursary, great move
https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/

16,528 live jobs.
Why the difference in numbers?

Hmmm, decent IT job going here in Stafford too. Might drop an app in for that this weekend.

Last edited by Fat Al; 25-07-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Old 25-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Too many people feel they've got too much to lose, me and you included probably

Probably....

But sometimes I don't care and would generally batter anyone that didn't just want a sound world.