United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 20-07-2017, 07:50 AM
irk

Default Tech Help - Apple Strike Again

I need to Un-Apple my life. A horrendous company with horrendous reliability. I never lost a sausage when I used a PC. Since using their "it just works" shit I've had a hard drive fail, I've randomly lost music, photos, and it's lost work documents.

I use iPad pages which, theoretically, should upload all docs to the iCloud and allow me to access them from whatever device. However, unbeknown to me it's not been uploading docs for a couple of weeks and now the app crashes whenever it is opened. Meaning that I cannot access the documents I need. I've googled furiously to no avail. Many of the documents uploaded in the past won't open.

I've insulted the lastest update. I've closed the app, I've rebooted the iPad. I'm loathe to delete the app and reinstall because then I'll lose the data I need to recover. I'm not confident backing it up will work. It never did when it came to music and photos the f***ing thing deleted.

Any ideas?

Old 20-07-2017, 07:52 AM
waynes ear's

burn it

Old 20-07-2017, 07:56 AM
no fun

Take it to Lewis's in the Trafford centre and demand they fix it

Even if you didn't buy it from there

I can lend you a guarantee/ receipt

The lady manager at customer services has smashing busters

Old 20-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Sapien

Old 20-07-2017, 08:16 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I need to Un-Apple my life. A horrendous company with horrendous reliability. I never lost a sausage when I used a PC. Since using their "it just works" shit I've had a hard drive fail, I've randomly lost music, photos, and it's lost work documents.

I use iPad pages which, theoretically, should upload all docs to the iCloud and allow me to access them from whatever device. However, unbeknown to me it's not been uploading docs for a couple of weeks and now the app crashes whenever it is opened. Meaning that I cannot access the documents I need. I've googled furiously to no avail. Many of the documents uploaded in the past won't open.

I've insulted the lastest update. I've closed the app, I've rebooted the iPad. I'm loathe to delete the app and reinstall because then I'll lose the data I need to recover. I'm not confident backing it up will work. It never did when it came to music and photos the f***ing thing deleted.

Any ideas?
Facing a negligence claim? - good thinking.

Old 20-07-2017, 08:31 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

I've insulted the lastest update. I've closed the app, I've rebooted the iPad. I'm loathe to delete the app and reinstall because then I'll lose the data I need to recover. I'm not confident backing it up will work. It never did when it came to music and photos the f**king thing deleted.

Any ideas?
Much more satisfying than installing it

Get down the nearest Apple store and get one of their geeks to sort it for you.

Old 20-07-2017, 09:11 AM
forzagarza

Can't you just plug it into a PC, locate the folder where the docs/images are and drag across? I've done it with images before

Old 20-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Take it to Lewis's in the Trafford centre and demand they fix it

Even if you didn't buy it from there

I can lend you a guarantee/ receipt

The lady manager at customer services has smashing busters
That is a very good idea. Top c/s in there

Old 20-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Drexl

The Apple core system probably needs depipping.

Open her up and look in cider.

I'm off to shoot myself. Sorry

Old 20-07-2017, 09:46 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
The Apple core system probably needs depipping.

Open her up and look in cider.

I'm off to shoot myself. Sorry
too much cringe