United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:01 AM
20 times

Another bullshitting bastard

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40663504

"Chelsea fans will be "punching the air" after the club agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, says former Blues winger Pat Nevin."

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Given up trying to justify transfer fees, there's simply no logic to the market other than everyone knows PL clubs are absolutely loaded and can therefore take them to the cleaners. In the same way I wasn't arsed about us spending £70m on Morata, you can't really blame chelsea - who else is there?
seriously think there are 100s of strikers who could stick the ball in the net for a team that has had proper time invested in it rather than just money.

united is a good example of what I mean actually, with rashford for nowt outperforming martial who costs 10s of millions.

top strikers are priceless I suppose, but great teams don't have to be bought. how much did kluivert cost ajax? or messi cost barcelona? or maldini cost milan? or beckham at united? or raul at real?

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:40 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
It's funny how he was always Chelsea's first choice all along
And how Chelsea was his...

"I've joined the best club".

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Sparky***

Great. So not only will we have this £#%&!ery rear it's head whenever Morata scores but we'll also have "Wayne's weirdos" on here informing us every time he wins a throw in for Everton.

Unread 20-07-2017, 12:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"Wayne's weirdos"
was thinking about starting a thread debating a new username

problem solved

cheers slaphead

Unread 20-07-2017, 02:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Given up trying to justify transfer fees, there's simply no logic to the market other than everyone knows PL clubs are absolutely loaded and can therefore take them to the cleaners. In the same way I wasn't arsed about us spending £70m on Morata, you can't really blame chelsea - who else is there?
It's tough because for many Premier League sides it's the position where they'd much rather reduce the risk and get proven talent or someone who just needs the finishing touches. It's possible someone like Timo Werner is better than Morata, but he could just end up another Jansen or Batshuayi.

However overpriced Lukaku or Morata, you'd be surprised if they didn't get at least 15 league goals.

Unread 20-07-2017, 03:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Another bullshitting bastard

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40663504

"Chelsea fans will be "punching the air" after the club agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, says former Blues winger Pat Nevin."
Chelsea fans punching the air because they got Morata
Imagine saying that a few months back

He's a talented player who might do really well for them but he's a 24 year old centre forward who's never been first choice in his career and only has 45 league goals in 126 league games.....70 mill

Unread 20-07-2017, 05:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

He's a talented player who might do really well for them but he's a 24 year old centre forward who's never been first choice in his career and only has 45 league goals in 126 league games.....70 mill
Well over half of those will be sub appearances. For his age his goal ratio is good.

Obviously still a remarkable fee though.

Unread 20-07-2017, 05:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well over half of those will be sub appearances. For his age his goal ratio is good.

Obviously still a remarkable fee though.
It is. He scored at a rate of one every ninety minutes last year, better than any of Kane, Lukaku, Aguero or Costa. Of course you get the flat track bully accusation, but we could have used one of those last year.

Unread 20-07-2017, 05:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Tbf to him he wasn't used as a striker at Juve?

Quote:
Great. So not only will we have this £#%&!ery rear it's head whenever Morata scores but we'll also have "Wayne's weirdos" on here informing us every time he wins a throw in for Everton.

Unread 20-07-2017, 05:57 PM
woody78

Quote:

" Pedro being shit again "

Unread 20-07-2017, 06:21 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78

" Pedro being shit again "
Peadro IMO

Unread 03-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Clarkie

Could be out for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury. Or so I'm after reading

Unread 03-10-2017, 08:49 AM
RedMenace

Back in time to play us no doubt

Unread 03-10-2017, 08:51 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Back in time to play us no doubt
hopefully he's rushed back and both snap

Unread 03-10-2017, 01:54 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Could be out for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury. Or so I'm after reading
nice. so that will be a winger up front then, as he clearly doesn't trust his back up striker.

sacked by xmas

Unread 30-10-2017, 05:10 PM
ScarFace

'I live in downtown Chelsea. London fascinates me with its multi-ethnicity, the coexistence of cultures and religions, but I do not see myself living here for very long. Too much, too much stress, too many metropolises.'

Morata, whose wife Alice Campello is Italian and moved to London with him, admitted he regretted leaving Juventus to return to Madrid - explaining the environment in Italy was perfectly suited for him.

He added: 'Italy for a Spaniard is the best country to live. You have everything: beauty, history, art, cooking, fashion. I would never have left Italy and Juve.

'The disappointment [of leaving Juventus] was enormous, I found myself back to the starting point. They [Real Madrid] treated me like the guy I was before the two Italian seasons.'

'I came here because there was a coach like Antonio Conte.'

Unread 30-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Clarkie

Good job we didn't sign him so. Most probably look upon the Arndale as some sort of prison

Unread 30-10-2017, 05:32 PM
sa7

He sounds like some sort of racist.

Hates the multicultural nature of London but tries to hide behind language.

An utter Nazi scumbag. One of the worst people in the history of football.

Unread 30-10-2017, 05:34 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He sounds like some sort of racist.

Hates the multicultural nature of London but tries to hide behind language.

An utter Nazi scumbag. One of the worst people in the history of football.
Closed Thread