United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 14-01-2018, 12:41 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What an absolute cock Jenas is.
I find it slightly irritating when guests/pundits start trying to pose questions and drive the discussion.

Old 14-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I find it slightly irritating when guests/pundits start trying to pose questions and drive the discussion.
He was proper smug with it, as though he’d posed some riddle nobody had every even considered up until today

Old 14-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Kangared

Apparently Klopp & Liverpool in the race now. Can't see that given they already have Keita lined up & no way are they going to pay 350k a week in wages .
If true the deadline Friday stance from Utd indicates that they are going to buy this window whether it be Alexis or somebody else.

I don't mind us paying 40 million for 2 or 3 years of what Alexis will bring . What would a player of his calibre cost normally ?

Old 14-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
United are idiots if they push for this deal. £40m for a player with 6 months left on his deal. Even the human rights abusing Etihad owners are thinking of walking away from that.
Are they fuck. They obviously think Sanchez’s head has been turned and are now trying to manage the pr. Just paid 50m for Kyle walker but they’ll walk away from Sanchez? Bollocks. They’ll be desperately trying to convince him to join in private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I said 'worldy', but yes, I know his age.

Mid 20s is a big difference from late 20s in footballer terms.

Still, ready-made, mercenary, veteran who knows the league fits the Mourinho bill perfectly.
Like van persie fitting fergies bill.

Old 14-01-2018, 01:08 AM
tatty

City won't be particularly bothered by missing out on him but it will bother them how much of an improvement he will be to us.

Old 14-01-2018, 01:10 AM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/JonathanShrager/...97355843338240

Some bloke who has links to the club, mates with Rojo apparently, also leaks united starting line ups few minutes before they’re official.
Says he’s been told to keep Schtum and then blabs about it in the very next sentence. Giving info away that could make money from the media. No one in the know will give shit away unless it’s minutes from breaking.

Old 14-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Are they fuck. They obviously think Sanchez’s head has been turned and are now trying to manage the pr. Just paid 50m for Kyle walker but they’ll walk away from Sanchez? Bollocks. They’ll be desperately trying to convince him to join in private.

Like van persie fitting fergies bill.
Here he is, the club's official PR mouthpiece. If United's new sleeve sponsor was extra powerful rohypnol tablets manufactured by Harvey Weinstein, you'd find a way to spin it. "United are paving the way in more efficient and effective rape".

It's pretty obvious what's happening. The player is desperate to join his old manager and win trophies with the best side around atm, but because a fee hasn't been agreed, United have waded in late-doors with that slapstick idiot Woodward throwing stupid amounts of money about.

As a result, Arsenal have hiked up their asking price, and the money hungry agents have started worm-tonguing Sanchez about moving to United so they can get a bigger slice of a far tastier deal.

Btw, Van Persie was a great signing for one season, and I loved watching him for those ten months, other than his missed sitters against Madrid. However, he offered very little after that. I like to see United signing players who deliver for years, you know, like setting up a proper scouting system, buying young, developing talent.

Old 14-01-2018, 01:49 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I like to see United signing players who deliver for years, you know, like setting up a proper scouting system, buying young, developing talent.
Always amuses me that people think if you have certain scouts they'll be able to spot a player no-one else will.

Every club is aware of the top talent. It's a matter of signing them. Stoke are aware of the top youth talent. They've very little chance of signing them but they know who they are. It's not like you need some sort of voodoo to see a great potential player.

Old 14-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Always amuses me that people think if you have certain scouts they'll be able to spot a player no-one else will.

Every club is aware of the top talent. It's a matter of signing them. Stoke are aware of the top youth talent. They've very little chance of signing them but they know who they are. It's not like you need some sort of voodoo to see a great potential player.
Stop speaking sense..

Old 14-01-2018, 02:29 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Here he is, the club's official PR mouthpiece. If United's new sleeve sponsor was extra powerful rohypnol tablets manufactured by Harvey Weinstein, you'd find a way to spin it. "United are paving the way in more efficient and effective rape".

It's pretty obvious what's happening. The player is desperate to join his old manager and win trophies with the best side around atm, but because a fee hasn't been agreed, United have waded in late-doors with that slapstick idiot Woodward throwing stupid amounts of money about.

As a result, Arsenal have hiked up their asking price, and the money hungry agents have started worm-tonguing Sanchez about moving to United so they can get a bigger slice of a far tastier deal.

Btw, Van Persie was a great signing for one season, and I loved watching him for those ten months, other than his missed sitters against Madrid. However, he offered very little after that. I like to see United signing players who deliver for years, you know, like setting up a proper scouting system, buying young, developing talent.
That along with a few off the shelf quality experienced players is where we are at. We have plenty of young talent . Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Lindelof, Bailly, Lukaku, Pogba, DeGea, Tuanzebe, Fosuh Mensah.
If Alexis does what RVP did & becomes the catalyst for a title win then 40 million is well worth the price. Very few players of his calibre become available for that money in todays market where a CB who has achieved fuck all can command a fee of 75 million