United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Stickman
 
Default

Well well well

Interesting
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:46 AM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It's very rare that the BBC beats the Sky ticker to the punch on a story.

The Beeb are busy fact checking or second sourcing whereas Sky's motto is "We're never wrong for long."

The Beeb beat Sky to this by 5 minutes, a significant break from the norm.

It came from a club. United wanted this out there.

It is probably not insignificant that the BBC story also stated that United were thereby ending their interest in Morata. How could they be so sure of that? Because we told them.
What I can't figure out is why Utd have let it be known that a fee has been agreed
If it's really been agreed then surely both us and Everton would put it on our own websites

Surely letting this cat out of the bag before it's done will give the likes Chelsea time to hijack it

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer
Can't wait, this is all sooooo exciting.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM
shenwen
 
Default

looking at the vid earlier in the thread, he's not one for stylish goals is he? about half his goals are ugly off the shin/top of his head efforts.

but can't argue with his record. Mourinho said last season we need this type of player - gets the ball in the net one way or another. Wasn't expecting him to shell out 75m for it. If he signs, can't believe if he'll be the only forward we bring in.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Alan
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What I can't figure out is why Utd have let it be known that a fee has been agreed
If it's really been agreed then surely both us and Everton would put it on our own websites

Surely letting this cat out of the bag before it's done will give the likes Chelsea time to hijack it

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer
f**king hell ziggy it's not that hard to work out.

'Stop f**king us about Perez or we'll sign this lump'. While also making a value for Lukaku known for Raiola to take to Chelsea at the same time.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:52 AM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
f***ing hell ziggy it's not that hard to work out.

'Stop f***ing us about Perez or we'll sign this lump'. While also making a value for Lukaku known for Raiola to take to Chelsea at the same time.
That doesn't make sense as Madrid don't actually want to sell Morata
They're quite happy with him as backup to Benzema
It's Morata who wants to go

Telling Madrid we've ended our interest in Morata isn't going to get them running back to us saying they'll accept the 65 mill bid
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Alan
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That doesn't make sense as Madrid don't actually want to sell Morata
They're quite happy with him as backup to Benzema
It's Morata who wants to go

Telling Madrid we've ended our interest in Morata isn't going to get them running back to us saying they'll accept the 65 mill bid
You're forgetting who United's negotiator is

This lump is going to Chelsea NQAT.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Macca1990
 
Default

Should see the end of draws at home to Burnley, Hull and West Brom etc if nothing else hes a very good flat track bully and it could be argued thats mostly what we lacked last season.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What I can't figure out is why Utd have let it be known that a fee has been agreed
If it's really been agreed then surely both us and Everton would put it on our own websites

Surely letting this cat out of the bag before it's done will give the likes Chelsea time to hijack it

Not sure what Utd's game is here but wouldn't surprise me if there is a final twist in this Utd centre forward saga this summer
Lot's of whispers this week that Lukaku wants to join United, maybe United know Chelsea are out of the picture as far as Lukaku is concerned and the fee is agreed, in prinicipal, and has been for a while, but Everton are dragging their feet wanting to do their business and United are now fed up and are after speeding up the process of this and the Rooney thing..

The Pogba video with Lukaku in it earlier in the week was a bit of a warning imo..
 
Old 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM
marlo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The Pogba video with Lukaku in it earlier in the week was a bit of a warning imo..
no its just one of pogbas crew is photographer and has been documenting the trip. they are all living in the same house atm.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Romelu Lukaku
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Romelu Lukaku TheFatGoth Football 43 06-07-2017 06:24 PM
Manchester United 'bid' for Romelu Lukaku fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 01-07-2017 05:20 AM
Does Romelu Lukaku have what it takes for Chelsea? fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 07-06-2017 10:40 AM
Where will Romelu Lukaku be playing next season? fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-03-2017 11:00 AM
romelu lukaku fix up look SHARPE Football 69 12-10-2010 03:33 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.