United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 06-03-2018, 07:28 PM
FUCK KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Because he's playing better, working harder, assisting more and scoring again.

Other than That, no improvement.

1 in 2 is generally considered a very good strike rate.

It's certainly not the 'minimum'.

His price has no relevance to how well he is or isn't doing.

exactly....he had that spell of not scoring and looking like he was struggling but he's improved and working harder his goal against Chelsea just what he needed and he needs one on Saturday or Tuesday, just hope he's fit as he seemed to be suffering a bit towards the end last night

Old 06-03-2018, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Amazing how often this needs restating tbh.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Not anymore. Otherwise Giroud would be seen as good enough to have taken Arsenal to the title. The top strikers look for two in every three. So for me 14 in 29 is the minimum I'd expect.

And his price tag and subsequent status is relevant. That money and his wages would get you most strikers. He/United has to justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Playing in this team with the service he gets thats not a bad effort. You as one of Mourinho's biggest critics should be more sympathetic
I tend to be far more critical of those out on the pitch tbf.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Playing better than what exactly? Has he improved as a player yes or no? I don't care if he is playing better than he was for that four month spell where he was complete shit including costing us the derby.

1 in 2 a very good strike rate? A 36 year old in a worse team managed the same amount of goals, there are wingers averaging almost a goal a game. The league is absolute shite, he is doing nothing special.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Amazing how often this needs restating tbh.
So if you bought an item for a lot of money that price would have no relevance to how well you'd expect it to work?

He didn't buy himself. But the signing's success clearly relates to how much you pay. Why else do we talk about bargains in football?

Old 06-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Playing better than what exactly? Has he improved as a player yes or no? I don't care if he is playing better than he was for that four month spell where he was complete shit including costing us the derby.

1 in 2 a very good strike rate? A 36 year old in a worse team managed the same amount of goals, there are wingers averaging almost a goal a game. The league is absolute shite, he is doing nothing special.
Yes he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not anymore. Otherwise Giroud would be seen as good enough to have taken Arsenal to the title. The top strikers look for two in every three. So for me 14 in 29 is the minimum I'd expect.

And his price tag and subsequent status is relevant. That money and his wages would get you most strikers. He/United has to justify it.

I tend to be far more critical of those out on the pitch tbf.

No. The top strikers in world football have that kind of record. And all in teams that score more and serve their strikers better.

There is a space between the absolute best and just reaching the bare minimum.

Giroud has been ditched after, What, four seasons? If Lukaku isn't better than 1 in 2 as a United player in four years, I'd be surprised.

The price has no bearing on how he plays, is my point. If we'd got him for cheaper, would his record be better then?

75 wouldn't get you any of Kane, Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi.

Salah has done it for 2/3 of one season.

He's likely to hit 30 goals for the season. In a debut season where he's had a barren spell, playing In a side that is, at best, in transition.

I think we're moving the goalposts if that's a basic minimum.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

His celebration stats are the best in the league atm.

Fuck off...

We both know that's Lingard

Old 06-03-2018, 09:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
Yes he has.

No. The top strikers in world football have that kind of record. And all in teams that score more and serve their strikers better.

There is a space between the absolute best and just reaching the bare minimum.

Giroud has been ditched after, What, four seasons? If Lukaku isn't better than 1 in 2 as a United player in four years, I'd be surprised.

The price has no bearing on how he plays, is my point. If we'd got him for cheaper, would his record be better then?

75 wouldn't get you any of Kane, Aguero, Ronaldo or Messi.

Salah has done it for 2/3 of one season.

He's likely to hit 30 goals for the season. In a debut season where he's had a barren spell, playing In a side that is, at best, in transition.

I think we're moving the goalposts if that's a basic minimum.
Lukaku critics have a point but are too harsh. Imo its a learning season. 30+ in all comps would be good for a learning season imho. 24 goals now.

Perhaps they dont want him to succeed here cuz hes not their type of player. Hes not going anywhere imo, could end up our record goalscorer imo.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Lukaku critics have a point but are too harsh. Imo its a learning season. 30+ in all comps would be good for a learning season imho. 24 goals now.

Perhaps they dont want him to succeed here cuz hes not their type of player. Hes not going anywhere imo, could end up our record goalscorer imo.

Exactly. It's not a brilliant record, but it's pretty good going for a formative season.

And it's season he seems to he growing in to. A goal on Saturday would be huge for him

Old 06-03-2018, 09:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
Exactly. It's not a brilliant record, but it's pretty good going for a formative season.

And it's season he seems to he growing in to. A goal on Saturday would be huge for him
Yep did say if he scousebusts he'll start gaining traction even with the likes of siders and quayders who are more gabriel jesus type of striker fans than big rom.

Rom quite elegant at times imo. Can see him annihilating the scouse on satdee