United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 AM
ZiggyStardust

Still can't believe you have a president of the United States of America posting a tweet like that

Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
People have lost their shit over that tweet

Saying it 'incites violence' or whatever...
indeed. inciting violence against journalists. um..... ok.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 PM
ScarFace

Old 03-07-2017, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

In reply to the thread title - no, he isn't.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:59 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
People have lost their shit over that tweet

Saying it 'incites violence' or whatever...

That would be the same people who were gleefully sharing the video of that antifa guy sucker punching that Richard Spencer.

Hypocrites, all of them.
they've lost their shit nqat
makes us look stupid when we need to use violence

Old 04-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
they've lost their shit nqat
makes us look stupid when we need to use violence
Who's we?

Old 04-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Who's we?
Wrestlers.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Baron

Quote:
I'd like to give a little insight into what it's like being a journalist in 2017 and why Trump's rhetoric is incredibly dangerous
Yesterday I broke the news that the guy who made Trump's CNN gif also created an antisemitic meme and was obviously racist.
In the wake of that, I received numerous threats. I was told people wanted to shoot, strangle me, hang me, throw me out of a helicopter
Some assumed I was Jewish because I spoke out against antisemitism, others said I was a race-traitor. Got it on both sides.
Now articles are showing up on Neo-Nazi websites, there are videos spliced with Goebbels telling me not to test his patience
That one also has footage from Natural Born Killers of a journalist being executed by shotgun.
On forums, under my tweets, there's a list of excerpts from newspaper articles about journalists being slaughter, the details gory.
Meanwhile, people are claiming I'm making up the threats and then immediately threatening me. In the same message.
Over on Facebook I'm getting messages from strangers about "goyim" and talking about what happened to Jews in the 40's.
This environment is the creation of the man in the White House. There are valid criticisms of the media, many on point, this isn't that
This environment is the creation of the man in the White House. There are valid criticisms of the media, many on point, this isn't that
This is what happens when you have Alex Jones calling mainstream media pedophiles and Satan worshippers, and threatening to crush them.
This environment we have right now is volatile. Some of these threats are empty, but people who are unwell consume this stuff.
Even as I'm typing this I'm getting antisemitic memes and messages. It's happening in realtime.
And everyone keeps bringing up the shooting in Virginia. In a way, they're right. That's what happens in this environment.
This shouldn't be a country where these violent instincts are cultivated and encouraged. We're at a real tipping point right now.
But make no mistake, there's something growing in this country, and it is very, very ugly.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 AM
dunk

f***ing hell

Old 04-07-2017, 09:56 AM
armchair

Yeah but a CNN employee holding Trumps dismembered head is art as is the CNN financed production where Trump is stabbed to death. And CNN trying to cause WW3 by making shit up about russia is slightly more dangerous than a funny meme.

No-one threatened to throw Jared off a helicopter. Though he deserves it for his 17 tweets in a row.