United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 23-02-2018, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Trump's ramblings about arming teachers is mouth dropping stuff, it really is. The guy can't even think and speak coherently on his feet.
Been rumours about failing mental capacity for a while now. And of course it happened to Reagan (though it only started to get really bad in his final days in office)

Old 23-02-2018, 11:19 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Been rumours about failing mental capacity for a while now. And of course it happened to Reagan (though it only started to get really bad in his final days in office)

Let’s be honest ric, he's either failing mentally or he's a moronic imbecile who has no idea what he is doing, as well as a racist, a sex pest and all kinds of other things. The scariest thing of all though is that it doesn't seem to matter to his supporters. It seems as though he could walk around naked with a banana shoved up his arse, and they’d still vote for him!

Old 23-02-2018, 11:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
Let’s be honest ric, he's either failing mentally or he's a moronic imbecile who has no idea what he is doing, as well as a racist, a sex pest and all kinds of other things. The scariest thing of all though is that it doesn't seem to matter to his supporters. It seems as though he could walk around naked with a banana shoved up his arse, and they’d still vote for him!
or maybe you are wrong but you are so strident that people don't want to actually discuss anything with you.

Old 23-02-2018, 11:45 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
or maybe you are wrong but you are so strident that people don't want to actually discuss anything with you.
I don't mean to be a jarring, screeching, ear-piercing, gob shite armers but the very idea of arming teachers is just about one of the worst ideas I have ever heard in my life and that is not an exaggeration.

Who in their right mind would put teachers in the position where they are armed and might have to take down an active shooter.

Teachers are there to educate and help students navigate difficult life choices etc not to switch into Dirty Harry law enforcement mode in an instant. It's madness. It actually is madness.

Old 23-02-2018, 11:56 PM
A stalker on the internet aka thrush

Quote:
I don't mean to be a jarring, screeching, ear-piercing, gob shite armers but the very idea of arming teachers is just about one of the worst ideas I have ever heard in my life and that is not an exaggeration.

Who in their right mind would put teachers in the position where they are armed and might have to take down an active shooter.

Teachers are there to educate and help students navigate difficult life choices etc not to switch into Dirty Harry law enforcement mode in an instant. It's madness. It actually is madness.
At least you are very self aware

Old 24-02-2018, 12:00 AM
armchair

Quote:

so a worse idea than getting a gun and killing a load of kids then? or putting jews in gas chambers or invading iraq or brexit or voting tory etc etc. seriously, i can think or a million worse ideas than arming teachers.

Old 24-02-2018, 12:02 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
At least you are very self aware

Oh aye, I've got a clear perception my personality weaknesses, I'm a married man.

But seriously come on Thrush, Who in their right mind would think about arming teachers? It's downright absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
so a worse idea than getting a gun and killing a load of kids then? or putting jews in gas chambers or invading iraq or brexit or voting tory etc etc. seriously, i can think or a million worse ideas than arming teachers.

No armers, we shouldn't even try and normalise this type of ridiculous thinking.

Old 24-02-2018, 12:30 AM
armchair

Quote:
No armers, we shouldn't even try and normalise this type of ridiculous thinking.
they kicked you lot out because they had weapons. you continue to be a subject in a sensible country while they are citizens in a free and mad one. get rid of your monarchy and then you can start lecturing the world.

Old 24-02-2018, 12:33 AM
BarryX

It does sound like a wholly absurd idea from a British perspective and no doubt many rationally minded Americans are also shocked that he'd say that. But don't forget that millions of US citizens carry a gun like we'd do a mobile phone or an extra set keys: it's just part of their day to day life to have a concealed weapon (about 5.5% is a rough percentage of the population out there who carry a legally concealed firearm according to some quick research, but don't quote me on that figure).

As mentioned in the shooting thread, it's not a myth that some High Schools have a police officercarrying a gun at all times already stationed in them (long before Trump). I've seen it with my own eyes. The cop with the belt full of toys seemed far less intelligent than any of the teachers. With respect he came across as being thick as f***.

Last edited by BarryX; 24-02-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Old 24-02-2018, 12:59 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
It does sound like a wholly absurd idea from a British perspective and no doubt many rationally minded Americans are also shocked that he'd say that. But don't forget that millions of US citizens carrying a gun like we'd do a mobile phone or an extra set keys: it's just part of their day to day life to have a concealed weapon (about 5.5% is a rough percentage of the population out there who carry a legally concealed firearm according to some quick research, but don't quote me on that figure).
people can't accept this reality or that free speech and a right to bear arms are what the usa was built on.

did you know, for instance, that the mad Westboro Baptist Church people are actually civil rights lawyers? None of us would defend them or even understand them or how it's even allowed. But it is and even though they are putting out an abhorrent message I kind of think them being allowed that is better than arresting a guy who trained a dog to do a nazi salute and putting him through years of legal hell.

His trial has lasted longer than Nuremberg btw