United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 29-06-2017, 10:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Did three weeks in Vietnam 3 years back. Probably the most amazing country I've ever visited, would recommend highly to anyone who gets the chance. The War Museum and particularly the Agent Orange room is harrowing.

The Cu Chi tunnels tour is also marvelous. The bamboo death traps they made for the GI's were ingenious in their brutality...tiny little tunnels to crawl through too, must've been terrifying for the yanks sent into clear them.
Been four times in past 12 months. HCMC (twice - once with family and once for a football tour, which was crazy), Da Nang (Hoi An) and Nha Trang. Each place has something very different to offer. Would consider living there - but might be better as a place to visit.

Old 29-06-2017, 10:34 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Been four times in past 12 months. HCMC (twice - once with family and once for a football tour, which was crazy), Da Nang (Hoi An) and Nha Trang. Each place has something very different to offer. Would consider living there - but might be better as a place to visit.
I could definitely live in Hoi Anh, the pace of life is brilliant. Nha Trang a bit too Russian for me but did canyoning through the jungle in Da Lat which was special. Hanoi is a must if you go again...boat tour out to the Islands and you can stay overnight in a shack on one, waking up on your own little island is

Old 29-06-2017, 10:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
I could definitely live in Hoi Anh, the pace of life is brilliant. Nha Trang a bit too Russian for me but did canyoning through the jungle in Da Lat which was special. Hanoi is a must if you go again...boat tour out to the Islands and you can stay overnight in a shack on one, waking up on your own little island is
Went to Hanoi and Halong Bay but 15 years ago!

Agree on Hoi An. Earmarked for a little retirement place. beautiful little town.

Nah Trang is practically Little Russia but had a great hotel and trips to the mud baths were good.

Old 29-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
This is an amazing book on Vietnam and its struggle for independence

Was given "A bright shining lie" many years ago as a birthday present. Excellent read.

Old 29-06-2017, 12:07 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Yhgr. Watched Forest Gunp last week and started to do some research of Vietnam on wiki and didn't realize how must of a minefield it was. Will watch over the weekend.

Old 29-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Yhgr. Watched Forest Gunp last week and started to do some research of Vietnam on wiki and didn't realize how must of a minefield it was. Will watch over the weekend.
Top wumming... "yeah man my knowledge on the Vietnam war is based on Forest Gunp"

Old 29-06-2017, 12:40 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
Top wumming... "yeah man my knowledge on the Vietnam war is based on Forest Gunp"
That isn't what I said at all I watched a film that is loosely based in its entirety about the Vietnam war and realised I knew very little about it.

Old 29-06-2017, 03:32 PM
waynes ear's

its Gump but we get your drift

Old 29-06-2017, 09:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Will love this long time.

Old 29-06-2017, 09:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Will love this long time.
just like this