United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 15-06-2017, 01:24 AM
ScarFace

Old 15-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

An absurd turn of events leading up to what will be an embarrassing circus of cringeworthy hype of the like never seen before.

It's clear that the UFC will be very disappointed with this, and Ari Emanuel has been completely set against it by all accounts, but it seems McGregor has pushed it through by working closely with the Mayweather team. It will no doubt damage the UFC brand seeing their poster boy utterly bossed at a sport he's never competed in against one of it's greatest ever competitors.

On the flip side, this will do no good at all to Mayweather's legacy. He was recently on Mexican TV doing a piece on his top 5 boxers ever. For the record, he put himself top () followed by Duran in 2nd, Whittaker 3rd, Cesar Chavez 4th and Ali 5th. This fight taints his legacy, and adds to the argument that he dodged and ducked his way through an undefeated career, handpicking opponents at times that suited him. It's a shame, as I don't think that argument stands up, as he's comfortably the greatest of his generation, but what a pathetic way to get to 50-0.

No doubt all the noise leading up to the fight will be nauseating, unsavoury talk regarding how much money is being made, just like the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight. Thing with Floyd is, he seems incapable of separating the idea that the richest boxer ever isn't the same as the best boxer ever. He's the richest, but he's not the best. Sugar Ray Robinson went up to f**king light heavyweight to challenge Joey Maxim for the world title, and very nearly beat him; that's a marker for being the greatest ever, not fighting an actual boxing novice.

Seems this has all been driven on social media by the JCL UFC fanboys who have jumped on the McGregor hype train. With that being said, I suppose the one saving grace will be the painful education they receive at the hands of a Mayweather boxing masterclass as their idol stomps around the ring like a chimp chasing a hummingbird, eating brutal shots without landing a single blow in return.

Overall, it's a pretty sad indictment of the time we live in, where money conquers everything.

Old 15-06-2017, 02:41 AM
ScarFace

Old 15-06-2017, 05:05 AM
Coracao

Mayweather by stoppage, any time he chooses.

Old 15-06-2017, 05:15 AM
itisme_panaflex

A circus. Even if McGregor could win it proves nothing about mma. It's a sham designed to make two rich a******s even richer.
And I don't know what's going to be worse, the suffocating marketing or the insecure boxing bores reminding everyone that mayweather is a better boxer.

Old 15-06-2017, 07:41 AM
King Schlong

Red face

A Gatti style beat down if he chooses but more likely some safety first bullshit until McGregor is blowing out of his arse after six rounds or so.

Old 15-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Vedder

So many people falling for that video of Conor sparring

Old 15-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Bunker Buster

What a f***ing farce, embarrassed for them...

What's on the under card Bolt V cheetah ?

Old 15-06-2017, 08:00 AM
shenwen

Will have all the integrity of a seniors exhibition football match

The fix is in. Get ready for 'explosive' press conferences full of "they really do hate each other". What kind of mug will actually pay to watch this? (I know, loads)

Serious tainting of legacies on both sides. Will McGregor even return to UFC after he loses this? Why would he?

Will still be watching though

Old 15-06-2017, 08:03 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Will have all the integrity of a seniors exhibition football match

The fix is in. Get ready for 'explosive' press conferences full of "they really do hate each other". What kind of mug will actually pay to watch this? (I know, loads)

Serious tainting of legacies on both sides. Will McGregor even return to UFC after he loses this? Why would he?

Will still be watching though
if he loses he will come back to get his legacy back.

and also probably get paid about $25m to do it. Which should last him a year.