United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 14-06-2017, 10:38 PM
armchair

will go the distance.

going into the negotiations:

mayweather: must win
mcgregor: must not damage brand and if possible elevate brand

this will be an absolute pantomime where both of them come out of it with credit but mayweather wins. floyd will be saying how great a competitor mcgregor was and how he could've been a boxing great etc.

the only thing is, even if there is a script, these are two huge egos so if either think the other are going off script it could all go off e.g. if mayweather starts making mcgregor look like a fool then mcgregor may start unloading actual heavy hits. I don't think mayweather has the power to knock out mcgregor and i don't think mcg has the skill to hit floyd

Old 14-06-2017, 10:40 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Saw that

Probably scripted, 'close' mayweather win. Another mega money rematch.
Scripted fosure, rematch probably

Being conned is one thing, being conned when you know you are being conned is another, being conned and actively supporting the con

Children trapped in adult bodies......

Bobda

10oz gloves

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
will go the distance.

going into the negotiations:

mayweather: must win
mcgregor: must not damage brand and if possible elevate brand

this will be an absolute pantomime where both of them come out of it with credit but mayweather wins. floyd will be saying how great a competitor mcgregor was and how he could've been a boxing great etc.

the only thing is, even if there is a script, these are two huge egos so if either think the other are going off script it could all go off e.g. if mayweather starts making mcgregor look like a fool then mcgregor may start unloading actual heavy hits. I don't think mayweather has the power to knock out mcgregor and i don't think mcg has the skill to hit floyd
12 * 3?

He struggled with 5*5

McGregor won't get KO'd no chance but a TKO is highly likely gassed out and swinging...

ps you don't have to watch it if you don't want so you aren't being conned

Old 14-06-2017, 10:42 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
12 * 3?

He struggled with 5*5

McGregor won't get KO'd no chance but a TKO is highly likely gassed out and swinging...
have they said 12 rounds?

Old 14-06-2017, 10:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
have they said 12 rounds?
I'm guessing.

8,10? What do you reckon?

Old 14-06-2017, 10:53 PM
BarryX

Hope Connor is learning some of the dark arts of the noble sport and at least gets to hurt Money in someway, shape or form. Just don't want to watch Mayweather running round the ring and away from his opponent, round after round, and not engaging The Notorious. Spectacular knock out must be demanded from Mayweather if he still wants to consider himself The World's Greatest. Anything less will be a loss.

Old 14-06-2017, 10:55 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
12 * 3?

He struggled with 5*5

ps you don't have to watch it if you don't want so you aren't being conned
Lap it up, watch all the interviews, watch all the press conferences, watch all the promotion, watch all the analysis. watch all the predictions, make predictions, spend hours discussing it with your friends and work colleagues, and of course, pay to watch, by all means.

You only have one life, you wouldn't want to be wasting any of it missing out on this kind of excitement.

Coco the clown is coming to town

Old 14-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Venceremos

Thumbs up

1. Floyd Level
2. P4P List Level
3. World Champion Level
4. Contender / ex Champion Level
5. World Ranked Level
6. European / Gatekeeper Level
7. Irish Level
8. County Level
9. Show up to lose Level

Maybe you can just about countenance putting Conor in the no.8 bracket on "natural talent" but even that seems ridiculous. I think he'd get whooped even there.

It's basically Man United vs FC United

Such farces, are of course... always worth watching

Old 15-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Alan

Wonder what the odds are on mcgregor not landing a single shot