United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
This place

If we sign players from teams who are worse than us then they're shite, if we sign players from teams who're better than us then they're rejects.
You've actually swallowed that whole article as the truth, haven't you?

If he leaves it's because they don't want him. If you're daft enough to think he can't wait to give up winning Champions Leagues and league titles to play with bogbrush and phil jones then more fool you.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You've actually swallowed that whole article as the truth, haven't you?

If he leaves it's because they don't want him. If you're daft enough to think he can't wait to give up winning Champions Leagues and league titles to play with bogbrush and phil jones then more fool you.
So? It's not like they don't make mistakes. They didn't want Robben.

I know the Di Maria thing has stung a bit, but surely Bale would arrive at United determined to be the best in the league.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I know the Di Maria thing has stung a bit, but surely Bale would arrive at United determined to be the best in the league.
I'm sure we'd all have Bale here tomorrow if we could.

Unfortunately i'm sure we're all probably aware that this story is 99% bullshit.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure we'd all have Bale here tomorrow if we could.

Unfortunately i'm sure we're all probably aware that this story is 99% bullshit.
Haven't actually read the story tbf.

I actually get the concerns about fitness with him, but I just think these days we hemorrhage money and it barely matters. Rooney has been picking up circa £200,000 per week this season while being sat on his arse plenty of the time. Not to mention Basti.

Don't think the club are arsed these days. Bale would be the type of glamour signing that will appeal to them. It's not that much of a risk.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Haven't actually read the story tbf.

I actually get the concerns about fitness with him, but I just think these days we hemorrhage money and it barely matters. Rooney has been picking up circa £200,000 per week this season while being sat on his arse plenty of the time. Not to mention Basti.

Don't think the club are arsed these days. Bale would be the type of glamour signing that will appeal to them. It's not that much of a risk.
Basically it's unfounded daily mail crap. Typical of the flimsy tenuous crap you get served up from May until September. Basically, and this literally all it £#%&!ing says, is that United will be 'encouraged' to make a bid on him if he doesn't start the Champions league final. As if our entire summer transfer strategy would come down to whether he starts one game or not. I mean £#%&!ing hell it's beyond stupid. A player like Bale would require the best part of £70-80m setting aside to sign him, as if we'd just bid on him like that on a £#%&!ing whim and it wouldn't effect our entire summer budget.

They'll have to drag him away from Real Madrid and if he does happen to decide to leave as unlikely as that is, there will be an almighty stampede to get him from Europe's top clubs.

As a player I rate him really highly but as a person i can't stand the @#%&!. He's a £#%&!ing smug #@&%! who seemed to get some kick out of £#%&!ing United off down the years.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Mourinho wants a winger. Dembele was first choice. He's probably not gettable this summer so that's why Perisic is now on the radar. The Bale story is probably Mou giving it a go before he has to settle for Perisic.

Unread 30-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Mourinho wants a winger. Dembele was first choice. He's probably not gettable this summer so that's why Perisic is now on the radar. The Bale story is probably Mou giving it a go before he has to settle for Perisic.
yeah its probable.

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:01 AM
Alan

Quote:

So that would make him a reject, as I said earlier. The merits or otherwise of signing a player in that context are a different matter.

I'm not red tinted enough to say 'he had his chance' but we'd all prefer a player who wants to play for United over one who's only there because his first choice binned him off, surely?

As I also said though, the fitness issues would concern me most and they would likely worsen with age.

Quote:
100% woodward IMO, as it is every summer leaking the same shit to the press

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
yeah its probable.
I actually know 2 or 3 people who are fairly in the know and two of them said we had been after Dembele and Mourinho had preferred him to that Silva hence why we weren't majorly in the race.

One of them also said De Gea was going & United are trying to sign Keane, Lindelof, Griezmann, Fabinho and another forward/winger (Rodriguez or Perisic). Plus the talk is that Mou wants to sign either Oblak or that Milan kid if De Gea goes.

Who knows. We need goals plus a beast in centre mid. Anything on top of that will be a bonus. I reckon Michael Keane is a done deal. Griezmann is 100% done imo.

Quote:
So that would make him a reject, as I said earlier. The merits or otherwise of signing a player in that context are a different matter.

I'm not red tinted enough to say 'he had his chance' but we'd all prefer a player who wants to play for United over one who's only there because his first choice binned him off, surely?

As I also said though, the fitness issues would concern me most and they would likely worsen with age.

yeah that makes sense mate; link us with Messi and sign Obertan etc.

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Just a strange way to look at it. Especially as Madrid have form for letting players go and regretting it.

Cantona was a "reject" in France at one stage. He even got rejected by Sheffield Wednesday on trial. Who cares..

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
tbf haven't we been linked with Bale every summer for the last 5 years?

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
tbf haven't we been linked with Bale every summer for the last 5 years?
Yeah. Tbf, there's clearly genuine interest there (we've publicly tried to sign him twice as well) but just can't see Madrid selling him.

Unread 30-05-2017, 01:37 AM
Alan

Quote:
Just a strange way to look at it. Especially as Madrid have form for letting players go and regretting it.

Cantona was a "reject" in France at one stage. He even got rejected by Sheffield Wednesday on trial. Who cares..
I'm not looking at it that way particularly, as my first post said it's his fitness that would bother me most.

Quote:
Yeah. Tbf, there's clearly genuine interest there (we've publicly tried to sign him twice as well) but just can't see Madrid selling him.
Woodward and United love publicity. I can't see them selling him either.

Unread 30-05-2017, 02:11 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
... Or, we'd rather muddy the waters to show the selling club we're not desperate for the one player and have other options. Just the other side of the coin that Riaola is pulling with Ibra: "lots of clubs have expressed interest for Zlatan"

Wouldn't surprise if we were negotiating for at least two players for the same position at once. Always a better bargaining position

Unread 30-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
... Or, we'd rather muddy the waters to show the selling club we're not desperate for the one player and have other options. Just the other side of the coin that Riaola is pulling with Ibra: "lots of clubs have expressed interest for Zlatan"

Wouldn't surprise if we were negotiating for at least two players for the same position at once. Always a better bargaining position
Yeah that also makes sense. Would love Dembele

Unread 30-05-2017, 03:43 AM
The Stella Fella

May be something in this this year as Armers has gone out on a limb here and nailed his colours to the mast.

#Armersage

Unread 30-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
May be something in this this year as Armers has gone out on a limb here and nailed his colours to the mast.

#Armersage
Doesn't he just run an internet forum from his garage in Ireland? Didn't realise he was itk, Kev...?

Unread 30-05-2017, 04:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
Doesn't he just run an internet forum from his garage in Ireland? Didn't realise he was itk, Kev...?
mum's basement.

Unread 30-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Luffy

The bench stories sound like bale's camp demanding he start the game what a ridiculous club.

Stories about ronaldo vetoing a swoop for DDG, players being unhappy at mbappe's demands, bale going direct to the president to say he's fit to play.
Closed Thread